Blog

The Community This Week: GameChanger to become One Community for all Gainsight products

• 3 November 2023
  • 13 replies
The Community This Week: GameChanger to become One Community for all Gainsight products
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
'

You might have picked up the chatter already but this is a formal announcement of GameChanger ramping up to become One Community for all it’s product lines: CS and PX which it already is, incoming CE and CC.

We will be witnessing small changes on GameChanger to prepare for that direction, but here’s a simple one para plan.

For CE

Acquisitions can be a lengthy process, often spanning multiple quarters and months. However, we find that a quick win is aligning with the parent organization''s community, if available. Fortunately, we have us - GameChanger, where the party has just started with 10K + people in the house! ?

Gainsight CE would be stepping into the Community world for the first time so we’ll need to welcome them and get them settled in.

We are throwing doors open for Gainsight Customer Education on GameChanger verrrry soon. :) 

For CC (inSided)

These lines by Bono perfectly sums up the Community situation we’ve had with Gainsight Customer Communities (the product formerly inSided)

We''re one, but we''re not the same
We get to carry each other, carry each other
One

Contrary to CE, inSided, or Gainsight CC has been a roaring 7years, 2k strong Community known as inSpired.

Merging CC is going to be a little more elaborate. Here’s the plan, and in the spirit of the season.

inSpired + GameChanger: a ghoulishly united destiny ?

How does this impact us?

The Merger and migration process itself would take a couple of days followed by QA and post-migration phase to make the environment ready.

There would never be an outage but the Community would be read-only during this period, so mark your calendars.

1. Week of Dec 4, you can consume content from the Community but just not engage
  2. There will be a couple of structural changes (nav, categories, etc), but only for the better :)
  3. Oh, and you might be asked to login once more… a standard after any change  

May I just add that all our contributions, activities, points and Badges would remain intact.

Infact, our inSpired friends shall be moving over with their contributions and mapped to the GameChanger ranking system.

So that’s it.

Once that freeze lifts, prepare to welcome a Huge bunch of awesome new, inSpired Community members!

One life with each other

Sisters, brothers

Time to have a Lot of ? ? on the Introductions thread with our new friends from CE and CC!

'

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

FYI: re-joining groups after the merger

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@baji_bathula, @sdrostgainsightcom, @rketharaju please note that you would need to post about your office hours for the week of Dec 4, a week before because of the merger Freeze during that week.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We are expecting the freeze to last the full week @anirbandutta ? 

Meaning, should I post for both the Tuesday 12/5 and Thursday 12/7 sessions on Friday, 12/1?

Also, I assume this means no replies to threads, either -- so I’ll have to note in the posts that they won’t be able to reply with their questions before the sessions (the usual process) but just bring them . . . or will DMs work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

We’re definitely aiming an underpromise and overdeliver thing in terms of the timeline but that’s the window estimated - 5 days   @sdrostgainsightcom

Apart from the actual data migration and merger from the two communitiies which itself is probably a 48h+ webjob run, there’s a 100 settings and UI, UX items to tune, QA, UAT, etc before we can un-freeze GameChanger.

So we’ll try our best to give back time to our users, but for that window the Community would be FYEO 👀 i.e. we won’t even be able to log-in 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@anirbandutta I know web migrations well and so I’m sending all my good vibes across.

I can say one thing though: don’t forget the 1:1 301 redirects and if you have the luxury… consider many-many wildcards if your URL structure doesn’t change in some areas / sections. They’re a time saver. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@anirbandutta I know web migrations well and so I’m sending all my good vibes across.

I can say one thing though: don’t forget the 1:1 301 redirects and if you have the luxury… consider many-many wildcards if your URL structure doesn’t change in some areas / sections. They’re a time saver. 

Thank you @alizee and yes No broken-links would be the core MVP goal. 🙏🏽

Feeling confident having @Karenottema with us on the team having done many tech migrations in the past .

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

🔑 Please note that we would have to Reset our passwords when we have migrated to the new GameChanger community on the week of Dec 4.

Here is the Reset password link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Update on this:

Userlevel 2

Hi @anirbandutta

I noticed that after the merge, I cannot see images (and, I guess, also other content, like some links) in answers. 
For example, in the post directly above, it says “media not available”:

Is it just me (any solutions? 🙂) or will this be fixed some time after the merge?
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Eva - yes it is something our engg.s are still working to make the Community urls pasted in the body show up as nice teasers like

The urls are retained and with redirecting in place of-course, unfortunately the teaser blurb is currently failing to form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @anirbandutta

I noticed that after the merge, I cannot see images (and, I guess, also other content, like some links) in answers. 
For example, in the post directly above, it says “media not available”:

Is it just me (any solutions? 🙂) or will this be fixed some time after the merge?
Thanks!

This issue has been fixed.

Userlevel 2

Hello, I just realized here that I still encounter the “media not available” issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Eva i’ve updated the thread you shared, with the video. Hope that helps! 😊