Gainsight Admin Training Requests?

• 12 October 2023
  • 10 replies
Gainsight Admin Training Requests?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s that time of year where we’re gathering ideas for new Gainsight Admin training to build and/or offer in the coming year, and we want to hear from you! 

We’re open to any level or topic, and it could be elearning or hands-on instructor-led. If you have ideas for other products or roles, feel free to share those too.

The more specific your suggestion, the better! For example, if you want more training on Rules Engine, tell us what area exactly or the types of use cases that would be valuable to you.

Please add your suggestions in the comments below, so others can add to or +1 them! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

All things API! I appreciated the API training that was recently released, but I think there is a lot of opportunity for more in-depth training both in how to use it in general and specific use cases (updating CTA types, updating Success Plan objectives, integrating with Event Frameworks, etc.). 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

+1 to @spencer_engel’s comments about API.  My addition would be not only to be able to make the basic calls, but say you have a list of 50 records to update, how to structure the call (and if the call can’t accept updating multiple records, guidance on what Gainsight would recommend as best practice for scripting the call in bash or python to repeat the call to make all updates on a given list).  A bit above and beyond I get it, but having the ability to batch update is significantly more powerful than updating records one at a time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Additional suggestions:

1. I think it would be really helpful to have a better understanding of participants in JOs - specifically around things like the bounce list, what to watch for in terms of participants dropping off, removing participants from the bounce list and building admin reporting to monitor programs for drops/bounces.
  2. Guidance to help admins create a robust QA/UAT process for reviewing Gainsight solutions before setting live in Prod, to ensure the rule will function as expected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These are great! Keep ‘em coming! 😄

Beginner level admin training for SFDC connector integration - How to configure fields from Salesforce, how to create rules from salesforce fields, troubleshooting partial success from salesforce etc. I’ve had difficulty finding any usable documentation/training that’s simple and easy to follow -- if this is already out there and I’m just missing it, feel free to send it over 😀 

Badge +4

Beginner level admin training for SFDC connector integration - How to configure fields from Salesforce, how to create rules from salesforce fields, troubleshooting partial success from salesforce etc. I’ve had difficulty finding any usable documentation/training that’s simple and easy to follow -- if this is already out there and I’m just missing it, feel free to send it over 😀 

Thank you, @laurencar13 , for the suggestion. The support link on Salesforce Connector can assist you in getting started. 

Thank you, this is great for the “what” but not the how to. There’s no clear step by step directions or how to troubleshoot issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

After recently completing the Level 1 Admin cert (as a CS-ops lite user focused almost exclusively on JO and Reports), there may be others in a similar situation who would get value out of a Level 1 “Campaign Manager” cert. Something that focused around:

• Journey Orchestrator Advanced Programs
  • ❗️Simple Programs
    • Simple programs in particular are something it seems very people use -- there seem to be more questions than answers even in the GGA Slack community, and the group email functionality seems like something we’re sleeping on. 
  • Reports

I’ve had some in-depth conversations with @TMaier on the value of the Level 1 Admin cert for folks who are new to Gainsight, but as someone who never touches the data/ops side of the platform, the rest of the content on that quiz took a lot of review and notes to make sense of.

Granted, now that I do have that general Level 1 knowledge, I have a much better understanding of how everything is interrelated, and how our CSMs and account reps use C360.

My future plans for further study and development are to get both of the level 2 certs (Reporting & Dashboards, and JO & Surveys), but first I need to dig into some more topic-focused learning. 

As to other topics I’d like to see:

• Definitely rules engine
  • Events
  • Segments
  • Data Designer

I’m not sure how to further specify on those topics, partially because I haven’t fully begun exploring them. If any of those topics are already covered (with Horizon updates as applicable), I apologize!

One other idea would be a general course for admins in best practices (QA/testing, organization tips for content hierarchies, naming conventions, etc.)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’ve been summoned.

Here’s what I’d love: a level 3 equivalent JUST for JO stuff. It would expand on the Level 2 cert in every way, but should cover (at minimum)…

• Template builder
  • Survey builder
  • Programs
    • Participant sourcing (including multiples)
    • Scheduling
    • Publishing
    • Making changes
    • Every individual task type in a program (lookin’ at you, conditional waits)
  • Segments
  • Opt-out configuration
  • Industry best practices and ethical guidelines for outreaches (don’t spam people)
  • Journey analytics and reporting
  • Ways in which JO interacts with other Gainsight functionality
    • Follow-up CTA’s
    • Possible scorecard uses
    • Timeline

The idea is that if I, as a hiring manager, would like to farm out the JO portion of my Gainsight administration, I can look at this L3 cert and feel confident that my new hire has an air tight and comprehensive knowledge of how to leverage JO safely in ways that dovetail with the rest of the platform effectively.

I think that as the CS platform expands in functionality and JO grows more powerful (and complicated) we’ll see more people dedicated to the digital touch / JO side of the platform vs single admins who carry the entire thing. A standalone L3 cert would serve as a way of making that distinction clear, and would allow people more interested in that side of administration / ops to show their expertise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Here’s what I’d love: a level 3 equivalent JUST for JO stuff. It would expand on the Level 2 cert in every way.

I think that as the CS platform expands in functionality and JO grows more powerful (and complicated) we’ll see more people dedicated to the digital touch / JO side of the platform vs single admins who carry the entire thing. A standalone L3 cert would serve as a way of making that distinction clear, and would allow people more interested in that side of administration / ops to show their expertise.

I would ABSOLUTELY take this.

Also, to this bit:

I agree wholeheartedly. At our org, we have two people on our Ops team that oversee the general admin side of the platform, and then myself and my Client Enablement team manager who stay in the digital touch / JO side.

It’s far easier to follow a set of prescribed guidelines and best practices to make sure everything runs correctly and remains organized than it is to do a cleanup and re-organization once everything’s a scattered mess.

Having platform-specific guidance would be hugely helpful when onboarding a new admin, irrespective of their focus or pre-existing subject knowledge.