Question

Enablement for CSMs to Access Non-Default Scorecard

• 13 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have created a new scorecard for our Premier accounts to access for their accounts only.  This is not the default.

What are best practices for them to access this scorecard manually and update?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@MelissaC Nice work; using different scorecards for different segments or different lifecycle points is a sign of maturing CS practices.

I recommend reviewing this article, which covers how to assign Scorecards to customers. You’ll also read the logic Gainsight uses, if more than one Scorecard could apply to a customer, on how the platform determines which Scorecard applies. Lastly, the steps for an end user to change a Company to a different Scorecard are covered.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Specifically how can an end user change scorecards if two or more are applied at the exact same time?

This little cog allows that. 

However, you should really apply exclusion logic on your scorecards. Meaning you should only ever have one scorecard applied at once. As GS will only capture scores for overall, history, or allow rules to set automatic scores on the “Active” scorecard.

You can apply exclusion logic in your scorecard by applying criteria.

In your case hopefully a field captures if an account is premier or not and that is what you use in your criteria.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, @matthew_lind & @Wayne !  This is super helpful!

Leadership wants the CSMs that have Premier accounts to ONLY use the Premier scorecard, not the default.  Would they have to go into GS themselves and manually update the scorecard for this?  Or is this something I can trigger automatically based off the Premier segment criteria?

Thanks so much!!!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thank you, @matthew_lind & @Wayne !  This is super helpful!

Leadership wants the CSMs that have Premier accounts to ONLY use the Premier scorecard, not the default.  Would they have to go into GS themselves and manually update the scorecard for this?  Or is this something I can trigger automatically based off the Premier segment criteria?

Thanks so much!!!!!

It is something you can force with the Premier segment filter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

You apply logic on both scorecards.

On your default one you say there Premier != true or Premier = null.

Then on your Premier Scorecard you say there Premier = true.

Which means an account can only fall in to one or the other.