Data Designer Use Cases

• 22 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I recently started using Data Designer as opposed to building fields and using Rules to populate them - and I am in LOVE with it. So far so good, stability is great. One enhancement idea would be to allow for customization of the report drill downs from within Explore. 

What use cases have involved Data Designer for you in your org? I’m curious especially around standard and system objects, looking for use cases that could be applicable for us to get richer insights. 

A few we’ve got:

• Open Renewal Playbooks (CTA) and status of the Next Task as overdue or not
  • Adding a GSID to Zendesk Tickets (the native integration between Zendesk and Gainsight is not the best)
  • Combining Zendesk Tickets and Comments (using SFDC as the source for the comments)
  • Latest login to the platform for any contact/user at the company
  • FQ Retention Rate 
  • Attach Rate for Professional Services on New Business opportunities 
  • Median Days to Onboarding month over month/quarter over quarter
  • # of contacts identified as Key Contacts per Company - trying to tackle Stakeholder Engagement/Buy-In as our biggest churn reason

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@gunjanm Thanks for sharing it here! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @gunjanm 

Thanks for sharing these. Do keep sharing more of these. As a PM I do the following in our Gainsight instance:

• Report and Analyze the usage of Data Designer → We have event level data that I track in PX, snapshot of usage which is stored in backend monthly, Customer information in Company / Account, etc. I usually have to join all these and transform so that I can create presentable views for my leadership. 
  • Analyze persona-based usage of features - I did an analysis where I assigned persona to a user id based on their usage of a few features and identified what features they are likely to use most next. This is to help with some analysis around viewer licenses. 

Basically for my data analytics needs where I cannot use Reporting directly, Data Designer is my go-to place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@rakesh I’d love to understand more about this persona model. Are you essentially using thresholds in order to determine personas and then using Rules to assign them? We do this in our BI tools today to some degree, but it would be interesting to incorporate this into Gainsight to segment our customers and users and assign CTAs accordingly. @lindseyyoung5 some food for thought. 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @gunjanm 

This is not for CS purposes, but to answer some Product questions. I only need it for temporary purposes, it was exploratory analysis - hence its only in DD, not in Rules. 

What I did was to categorize users based on usage and extend from there. A couple of examples:

1) Among users who use Timeline (Global or C360) and Cockpit a lot,

• How many of them are not writing? 
  • Do the read-only group use Dashboards more than the write group?  

2) Among the people who use Data Designer a lot, how many of them use Rules (or Data Management)? Do they use Report Builder too? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@gunjanm did you get a chance to view the comments here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@sai_ram yup, I liked @rakesh ‘s comments! Very cool to see these use cases. 

End Proctoring-