People Maps and Peer addition

Related products: None

It’s me again… The Gainsight Enthuisast. 

As our ADP gainsight users continue to use the feature we are finding a great deal of customization/enhancments that would be excellent ideas. 

We have found that if we wanted to add the full C-suite it is difficult. Currently once you add 1 person, everyone else is above or below. Once we reach the top (C-suite) it is hard to add the CFO, CTO, CSO, etc. as they are peers and no one is above them. Or during a transition period there are co-CEOs so how do we accommodate for this? or if we have client who has more siloed business units, i.e. Mercedes who has a full C-suite for both their commercial vehicles and consumer org.

Please feel free to contact me as we can further elaborate and show real use cases. @kate_green @kate_peter 

Best Regards,

Darshana

ADP

#stillinlovewithgainsight 

@darshana.shah thanks for your enthusiasm!! I like your passion towards Gainsight!!

We understand your request and redirecting this to our product team. Do you have any suggestions to solve this? 

Hi @darshana.shah 

Thank you for the feedback.

We are currently working on the capability to add multiple maps to a customer. So you could create different maps for the different C-suite peers. Would this work in these use cases? Or is it required to view all the peers on a single map?

Thank you 

Preethi

Yes, I believe so. I sought some guidance from a few mentors of mine of how they might use people maps as a customer success tool and I think the consensus is that either the ability to  add a blank card (that CSM would not have to add to the people database) or a placeholder would help. Ultimately we would want to see the full connection. So maybe there is a combination of these 2 solutions that would work? Maybe we can see a smaller version of the full tree. I have seen in pervious org chart when you click on a leader it shows you all of the connections under that leader in a zoom view?

Ultimately the way I see it is we are not sales, so we do not need a full org chart. we are customer success, which means we will always follow chain of commands as we do not want to tarnish our relationships with our client by contacting anyone above someone that we have not been formally introduced to. So there are parts of the org chart that we do not need and spending time filling in data that is unnecessary and wasteful. Currently, work around is making-up data or incomplete data which is diluting the integrating within our contact database. (not good either) 

Additional Thoughts around that topic. :sunglasses:

Hi @darshana.shah 

Thank you so much for the feedback. It really helps

With multiple maps capability, you would be able to break down a single org chart into multiple maps, and also create new maps for your customers. 

This way, you could have a focused part of the map and also see how the map falls within the whole org. This capability is in our near-term roadmap and we plan to release it by this quarter. 

We also will be bringing in placeholder cards (Near term roadmap) for you to prefill positions that you are not sure of which contact to be assigned to.

I will keep you posted on the timelines. I hope this helps

Thank you

Preethi