Gainsight's October/November 2022 - Q3 Release is LIVE! [NXT & SFDC]

Userlevel 3
Badge

Gainsight is excited to announce the addition of a few much-anticipated features and enhancements that will improve Admin and User experience. 

The v6.34 release is live in NXT orgs in the EU as of October 22, and for US customers on October 29. Check out the release notes. Some highlights from the NXT release include:

• NEW C360/R360 EXPERIENCE: Gainsight has redesigned C360/R360 and enhanced the experience to provide a more comprehensive view of the customer and their journey, with personalized insights to improve productivity. Learn more.

• COLLECTIVELY TRACK CUSTOMER GOALS AND THE ASSOCIATED WORK: This new feature provides you a shared space to capture, plan, prioritize, and track the  goals of your customers from the Customer Goals tab in the company's C/R360 page. You can create a library that contains a list of standard goals. Learn more.

• POOLED WORK ASSIGNMENT: You can now reassign ownership of Call To Actions (CTAs) to User Groups using the Mass Edit feature. Learn more.

• NEW SUCCESS SNAPSHOTS: The improved version of Success Snapshots with a fresh user interface and advanced capabilities makes it easy for the admins to use the template editor, work with text boxes, preview slides, and manage share permissions at the templates and folders level. Learn more.

• ADD COMMENTS CAPABILITY IN SUCCESS PLANS: CSMs can now converse with internal and external users using the Comments functionality in Success Plans. Learn more.
    Note: This feature will be available in the first week of November, 2022.

• ADD FEATURE ENHANCEMENT REQUESTS VIA PRODUCT REQUESTS: Customer Success Managers (CSMs) can now log feature enhancement requests received from customers through Gainsight’s new Product Requests feature. This feature requires integration with Productboard. Learn more.

• CUSTOM FISCAL YEAR CONFIGURATION: You can now choose to define the start and end of the fiscal year of your organization using the Custom Fiscal Year enhancement. The Custom Fiscal Year configuration is supported in Scorecards, Timeline, and CX Center. Learn more.

• HORIZON MENU REFRESH: In the v6.34 Release, you will view and experience the modern look and feel of the left navigation pane for the NXT application. 
    Note: The hierarchy and capabilities in the navigation pane remain the same.

For SFDC customers, the release is live in your production orgs as of August 2. Check out the release notes. Some highlights from the SFDC release include:

• NEW SUCCESS SNAPSHOTS: The improved version of Success Snapshots with a fresh user interface and advanced capabilities makes it easy for the admins to use the template editor, work with text boxes, preview slides, and manage share permissions at the templates and folders level. Learn more.

• MULTI SELECT DROPDOWN MENU IN TIMELINE: Admins can now add Multi Select dropdown type fields while creating or editing an Activity Type in the Timeline admin page. Learn more.

• IMPORT MULTI-QUESTION CSAT SURVEYS: Load Multiple CSAT Questions into a Survey using the Load to Survey rule action type. Learn more.

• DEACTIVATE SCHEDULE FOR DATA DESIGNS: The data designs that cannot be executed five times consecutively, are going to be deactivated and an email notification will be sent to the users. Learn more.

• SALLY FOR INTERNAL COLLABORATION: Gainsight admins can now enable Sally Bot from User Management for users with the Internal Collaborator user type. Learn more.

Happy Release!!

FYI @minh_phan @neelam_mukherjee @anirbandutta @Divya 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I was told the Sally for All component has been pushed out. Do you know til when?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adrian Raposo @anirbandutta   If a feature is “part of the release” but not actually released yet, can that be called out on these posts?

This is where the “Learn more” link sends you right now:

I think a few modifications here could make this much more accurate and customer friendly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was told the Sally for All component has been pushed out. Do you know til when?

@Neha Gupta Can you please provide clarity on this? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Adrian Raposo @anirbandutta   If a feature is “part of the release” but not actually released yet, can that be called out on these posts?

This is where the “Learn more” link sends you right now:

I think a few modifications here could make this much more accurate and customer friendly.

Thanks!

Sure @bradley We’ve included this information in both the places. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It looks like there’s more activity on this release thread. I’ve got some feedback/questions on the new Customer Goals feature:

1. First of all, this is a really great feature that I think my team will get a lot of use out of!
  2. Are there plans to add folders to the goal library to help with organizing?
  3. Will there eventually be the ability to have multiple goal “types” (similar how there’s multiple CTA types), so that each goal type could have different fields from the others. The use case would be to track customer product & strategic goals.

Product goals are what the customer is trying to achieve through our product, what made them buy, what success means to them, etc…

Strategic Goals are what the customer is currently working on or is looking to achieve this year (which is different than product goals). Examples of strategic goals include: upgrades, migrations, partner projects, renewal, application launch/changes, etc.

4. Can you explain what the Goal Template field does? I don’t see it in the documentation and I wonder if it will help me solve the problem in #3 above.

5. Finally, not a huge thing...in the new, higher-contrast left-navigation menu, “Customer Goals” is actually listed as “Customer Goal”. Not a huge thing, but it took me a while to find it when I typed to search for that section in Gainsight.

Userlevel 3
Badge

It looks like there’s more activity on this release thread. I’ve got some feedback/questions on the new Customer Goals feature:

1. First of all, this is a really great feature that I think my team will get a lot of use out of!
  3. Will there eventually be the ability to have multiple goal “types” (similar how there’s multiple CTA types), so that each goal type could have different fields from the others. The use case would be to track customer product & strategic goals.

Product goals are what the customer is trying to achieve through our product, what made them buy, what success means to them, etc…

Strategic Goals are what the customer is currently working on or is looking to achieve this year (which is different than product goals). Examples of strategic goals include: upgrades, migrations, partner projects, renewal, application launch/changes, etc.

4. Can you explain what the Goal Template field does? I don’t see it in the documentation and I wonder if it will help me solve the problem in #3 above.

5. Finally, not a huge thing...in the new, higher-contrast left-navigation menu, “Customer Goals” is actually listed as “Customer Goal”. Not a huge thing, but it took me a while to find it when I typed to search for that section in Gainsight.

Thanks for the feedback Jessica. The team would be really glad to hear about this. :) 

@Anil Raj Pujari Can you please help out with the queries listed above for Customer Goals? 

@Sneha Naranje @anirbandutta 

Badge

@arunabhat confirmed that it is shipped in Q3 - FYI  @Adrian Raposo 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @gunjanm . As confirmed, the Sally for All component was shipped in the Q3 October Release. You can read more about it in the Release Notes. Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Adrian Raposo it wasn’t actually released until a few days later, but it is there now. Thanks. Ticket #203443 for reference.

Badge

​​​@jessica_owens 

• Thank you for the feedback. We are evaluating solutions for folder in goal library. One of the solutions could be add a custom field and use sort to view goals of similar kind. 
  • We are evaluating solutions for Goal types with different field layouts.  Similar to CTA or Success Plan types. Its in the roadmap
  • Left nav will be changed to “Customer Goals”
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi,

I think the new C360 builder is pretty great!  I would like to deploy the new layout I have built to a beta group of users.  Is that possible?  I see the option to “Enable preview for end users:” , but I do not want to give everyone the option of viewing it at this time.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I think the new C360 builder is pretty great!  I would like to deploy the new layout I have built to a beta group of users.  Is that possible?  I see the option to “Enable preview for end users:” , but I do not want to give everyone the option of viewing it at this time.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

@Dheepak G @Raimy Paulson Can you please look into the queries raised above by Rhonda on C360? Thanks! 

Userlevel 1

@rho_ran_experian Glad you like the new 360 experience !! To answer your question, we currently do not support preview for specific set of users alone. We will however definitely look at the possibility of admins having control over which users get the preview of the new 360 experience