Question

What more we can do in JO to Increase Survey Response

• 22 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi All!

Hope all is well with everybody!

I am reaching out to you for some insights on Survey and Journey Orchestrator. I am using the NPS Survey Program by Equifax readily available in Gainisight’s Sightline Vault to distribute an Inline NPS Survey for one of my customers. It has a Heads -Up Email before and a Reminder Email after the survey email. Other than these Heads up email and Reminder email, is there anyway to make the survey stand out that will increase survey response? The customer I am working with used Hubspot for their survey previously. There is a chat bot option in Hubspot that generates automated conversation with their client regarding the survey which in turn increases the survey response. Is there anything we can do in Gainsight's JO that would make the survey more attention-worthy? Is it possible to include Sally in JO? Any other ideas?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Tee

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Teetas I would probably try a few different things:

1. Try out different subject lines to see which seems to get better response rate.
  2. Maybe also try out some different wording the body of the email as well as a separate test.
  3. Consider the day and time you are sending.  In my research into best practices, responses tend to be better on Monday and Tuesday. Also, consider the point in the customer’s lifecycle where the survey is being sent.  That might make a difference as well.
  4. Do you have any kind of follow up afterwards?  If not, that might be a path to explore that would encourage people to respond in the future if they know some sort of action will come from the response.
  5. I know you said you have a heads up email, but it also might make sense to have your CSMs mention the survey in conversations they have with the customer.  Might be especially good to include in Onboarding conversations as one of the touchpoints the customer will get.  You could also have the follow up with the non-responders to encourage response as well.
  6. If possible, you could also give an incentive for responding.  Maybe the first x number of customers get a Starbucks gift card or something.
Badge

Thank you very much @heather_hansen ! Very insightful!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We did a surge in December, we had 338 responses from about 1450 emails. We found some of the things below most impactful:

• Use token to personalize. Have the email send/ reply to the CSM and CSM email and use your company’s standard email signature in your email. The more familiar the sender, the more likely someone was to respond. We sent the first one from our CCO which got a good amount, and the follow up from the CSM. We much more responses from the follow-up which makes sense. We got barely any responses in another survey that was sent from a general distro
  • Use the in-line survey question
  • For tech touch customers, have a follow up email sent saying thank you, but always set it to delay by at least a day using a wait timer. It would be weird for a CSM to reply that quickly. We split ours into a version for Promoter, Passive, or Detractor as well to make it more specific to their response.
  • Include how long the survey should take in the email. 
  • For the different Subject Lines, you can use an A/B test method in your query builder if you are using that. This will allow you to split between and see what actually works better using the Analyzer. Post on how to do so: 

Badge

Very helpful @andreammelde ! Appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@heather_hansen and @andreammelde thank you both for your responses

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I would reiterate the points listed above, and also ask you to consider:

• Where are they dropping off in the program?
    • Is your email being delivered or marked as spam? If it is, look at your contact list, ensure it’s up to date, make sure there aren’t too many images in it, links, spam words etc.
    • Are people not opening your email to begin with? Then I’d focus first on that as others mentioned. Subject line, email length (if they can see a preview but it’s long it likely gets trashed), email content.
    • Are they opening the email but not clicking on the survey link? Try the inline NPS question as @andreammelde mentioned, use tokens to personalize the email. Be clear on what you’re asking for and how long it will take.
    • Are they abandoning the survey? Is it a true NPS survey or do you have more than say 3 questions? Expect people to bail out of long surveys or stop part way through. Try enabling partial saves at least, to capture partial surveys.
  • What are your opt-out categories like? Maybe use a separate one for NPS surveys if you really care about it.
  • Try ditching the heads-up email - sending an email telling someone you’ll send them an email in many cases is just annoying.
  • What is your overall survey volume/frequency? Are you giving your customers survey fatigue? What other communications are going out from product, marketing, CSMs etc?
  • What is your history with this survey? Is this brand new? Maybe just having CSms mention it first over normal communication would be better than a heads-up email.
  • Do you use PX at all? Can you leverage in-app reminders instead of just email reminders?