Let’s get to know each other. Answer any of these questions!

Let’s get to know each other. Answer any of these questions!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello groupmates 👋🏼!

Although this group is new, what it brings with it is the great opportunity to be able to discuss any part of your journey as an admin. You can ask & answer questions, provide tips and tricks and so much more! 

There’s a place for everyone here, no matter where you are at your initial admin journey. 

To that end, I’d love for you to answer at least one of the following:

1. What inspired you to take up the admin career journey and when did you start it?

2. What part of the admin journey keeps you hooked?

3. What have you loved the most in your admin journey so far? 

Feel free to add in a bit of an introduction about yourself and even answer all of it, if you’d like! 😁

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, I’ve been in the Gainsight Admin world for just over 3 years. I lead a team of 4, 2 of whom had never heard of or used Gainsight in the past. It’s a lot of fun to watch that spark go off when new admins are learning the ropes. I got into this world because I was a CSM in a poorly implemented Gainsight environment, and wanted to change that in order to make my life better. For that reason, I always have a soft spot for end user experience in anything I do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I started my admin career journey when my boss said, “I bought Gainsight. Would you get it set up?” 😆 This was back in the day when Gainsight didn’t have implementation partners for smaller customers, and everything was very DIY. I think what most excited me about it was (1) getting to spend all of my time building something from scratch; (2) being put in a position where I got to help leadership figure out what the path forward should be. Full-time inventiveness -- that’s what I signed up for.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Welcome to the channel!  👋🏻  I started with Gainsight almost 8 years ago (I still can’t believe it’s been 8 years) in a project management role.  Back then, Gainsight didn’t have a training team or much onboarding documentation.  So, I worked with early stage admins who were navigating their way thru setup and configuration of new environments.  It was an easy transition for me to the Gainsight Education team where I work primarily to support admins in their journey. 

Having an admin share how a training helped them utilize a Gainsight feature, or how a class helped them prepare and pass Certification is what motivates me everyday.  I feel wholeheartedly “my success is your success!”

And the greatest moments in this journey have been meeting admins who have shared personal experiences with me.  It’s always that human connection that makes it special! 💙

Badge +2

Hi Everyone! My system admin life started with a different application 6 years ago. Last year, I made the move to assist the customer operations organization with system management and process improvement. My role now does not require me to be an admin, but I like knowing the system capabilities first hand when asking our admins to complete a project. I went ahead and obtained the base Gainsight admin certification and spent a few month focusing on admin duties to get accustomed to the platform.

I like knowing how things work and solving puzzles which is why I will always have an admin mindset despite my main function. The thing I love most about being admins is the ability and willingness to help the larger team. That combination is a game changer in terms of pushing efforts forward and iterating towards long term goals.

Badge

Hi, my admin life started 9 months ago. I had never heard of Gainsight, and my organization was going live with it without having an admin. I volunteered because I have a background in development and data management. Needless to say, there was a lot of rework after the implementation because those making decisions were not familiar with the product. 

I enjoy the challenge of taking the needs of the CSM team and making it a reality within the application.

I’ve enjoyed the data management the most, consuming, manipulating and presenting the data in a meaningful way for the user. 

Next step is to take the level 2 certification, hopefully before the end of the year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

🖐🏻 My admin journey started almost 9 years ago when my VP said you know, you’re pretty good at this process to application stuff, would you like to become our Gainsight admin?

1. What inspired you to take up the admin career journey and when did you start it? My entire career I’d been in customer-facing departments, but I’d always been heavily involved in building our processes and translating those into systems.

2. What part of the admin journey keeps you hooked? The challenge!  I love it when someone comes to me and says, “I have this new thing...is that something we can do in Gainsight?” 

3. What have you loved the most in your admin journey so far? ALL OF IT!  😀 All the people I’ve met at Gainsight and beyond, the ability to consistently flex my brain to problem-solve, improve processes, and drive results. I also love to learn and share that learning with others.

Badge +3

Hi, I am Aarti Prakash from the Gainsight CS team. I am excited about my Gainsight Journey and currently preparing to give Gainsight Admin - Level 1 Certification exam.

What I love the most about my Admin journey is learning the Gainsight Architecture and how Gainsight can help you achieve goals from an admin perspective.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I feel like a copycat, but I find a lot of similarities between mine and the other admins' responses.

1. What inspired you to take up the admin career journey and when did you start it? 
    Actually, it found me! At that point in time, I had +14 years of experience working in departments that involved translating business needs into processes and systems. I was on a work hiatus while waiting for my residency permit and doing a master's degree to give myself a better chance in my job search (Visual Analytics degree, you can guess why Data Designer, Report Builder, and Dashboard Builder are some of my favs!). After my paperwork came through and a couple of internship rejections, an HR recruiter contacted me out of the blue for a position that I didn't apply for; her org was looking for a GS Admin as they had two and one had left a few weeks back. They weren't able to find a person with GS experience (Spain), so they expanded their search looking for transferrable skills and experience in a startup setting... And I was selected for the position! The funny thing is that the other Admin also left the company less than 3 weeks after I joined, so from then on I was on my own. But the resources to learn from and mainly the Admin community was (and still is!) a lifesaver...And as they say, the rest is history! Level 3 certification, I'm coming for you!!!

2. What part of the admin journey keeps you hooked? 
    There is always something new to learn, and neverending challenges! I have a curious mind and I'm a natural problem-solver, a "solutioneer" of sorts (taking that one borrowed from one of Seth's posts 😁). I absolutely love putting a puzzle together and helping somebody else while doing that... building things that make other people's jobs easier, and helping them make data-driven decisions. It's an amazing and rewarding feeling.

3. What have you loved the most in your admin journey so far? 
    It opened a door that I didn't even think of as a possibility. The Romi of two years ago would be so proud of this one! I feel like I found my true calling. I love my job, helping others on a daily basis, constantly learning, and why not, teaching somebody else too! And last but not least, although only through a screen, meeting the most amazing and supportive community out there 💜. The Admin community is the bee's knees!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

What part of the admin journey keeps you hooked? 
There is always something new to learn, and neverending challenges! I have a curious mind and I'm a natural problem-solver, a "solutioneer" of sorts (taking that one borrowed from one of Seth's posts 😁). I absolutely love putting a puzzle together and helping somebody else while doing that... building things that make other people's jobs easier, and helping them make data-driven decisions. It's an amazing and rewarding feeling.

Romi, your response speaks to me and I’m sure many others here.  But I particularly felt this part about what keeps you hooked.  It’s great to have you as part of this community and I look forward to learning more from and about you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks @lisa.mirth 😊
Likewise, the Open Office hours you held on September helped me a lot, thank you!

Badge +2

I started my journey for almost 3 years back when I moved from Gainsight COM to Gainsight Admin and it was a great experience to witness the change. In case of me, it truly benefitted me understanding and being a Gainsight Admin, since I got opportunity to see Gainsight from three different angles.

Worked as a Technical Support Engineer at Gainsight and learned the Breakfix and support stuff, Worked as Client Outcomes Manager at Gainsight and learned the implementation and execution of Technical Best Practices and then got into Gainsight admin where it is Breakfix+Implementation+Configuration+Everything.

And I am loving it ❤ Gainsight

Badge

Hey there!

I am so excited to be starting my Gainsight Admin journey! I’ve started (barely 🙂) the courses for the associate certificate, and I just got access to my training instance of Gainsight 🙌

Always a seeker, I’m happy to be learning something new 🤓 I fell in love with CS Ops at my last job. I’m looking to upskill so I’ll be more qualified for my next CS Ops role.

I already feel very supported by Gainsight, and I love all the great CS Ops content y’all have shared with the world.

Any other aspiring admins out there?

Lydia ⭑

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @lydiamellette, welcome to the group! 🙌🏼
So excited for you!!!

Feel free to drop in any doubts or thoughts you have on this group, there are so many supportive admins on here to help you out.⭐️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, welcome to some of our new members - @Brittney Wilson @rhenry @vlee  @Tiffany123 @lindsay.smith-norris @Jadkins 🔥👏🏼

Feel free to drop in your intro in this thread. We’d all love to get to know you! 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Heya! I started a little over a year ago with Gainsight. It was a bit of an “accident”. Happy one. 

What inspired you to take up the admin career journey and when did you start it?

I come from a marketing & branding background and have always ended-up getting myself into the weeds of technology implementation (web and all satellite techs, and privacy tech). I decided I wanted to do something new and joined our customer success team in September ‘21 to drive the digital segment (the idea was to scale customer success with a digital/automation program for the long tail. Not be the Gainsight Admin). But consistent with what happened in my past career, circumstances have led me to become the platform product owner. 

Workarounds. Facing a roadblock or being presented with a new challenge that I need to solve. I’m a creative problem-solver, and I love the thrill of coming up with new solutions and, sometimes, let’s call them “creative” workarounds to get us where we want to be while we provide feedback to (hopefully) get the product to evolve.

What have you loved the most in your admin journey so far? 

Anything that’s had to do with removing (or reducing) complexity in our processes, cleansing (particularly satisfactory) and enriching data. Seeing the solution to a problem draw itself in my brain as people explain their need, and developing the solution. Getting to drive the process between the lightbulb moment and deploying the solution. Getting to be strategic AND to get my hands dirty (even when the platform drives me cray-cray). 

Hi Everyone! 

What inspired you to take up the admin career journey and when did you start it?

I started as this journey just under two years ago. It was a slow transition from a customer facing CSM to an admin. However, the last year this has become a full time job for me and I am loving the transition.

I am an introvert and more of a logical thinker and so always being “on” as a CSM was a bit draining. Being a Gainsight admin has allowed me to interact with those I know best, the CSMs (an introverts dream) and utilize the part of my brain that loves logic and figuring things out.

Truly the best of both worlds!😍

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello! :)

I’ve been an admin for 8 years now...[hades].  I was wanting a new adventure & Project Management just was no longer interesting.  It was the same thing day in day out. No challenges.  A VP had purchased Gainsight and had someone juggling their role + implementation & configuration of Gainsight. When I mentioned I was looking for my next adventure, he said perfect, we bought Gainsight and need someone like you to take over. 

I never thought this adventure would last this long, but I kept learning, discovering, & refining.  It’s not boring, that’s for sure.  Another major bonus is the community, being able to ask a question & getting the most helpful responses & guidance is the best thing! And not running into someone who posts the toxic response, is amazing!

One of the best things about this adventure had been the culture that Gainsight & others have created to help support admins, no matter where they are in their journey. Because of that, there are several admins in this community that I admire & continue to learn from!

*cheers*

Badge

@rhenry I totally identify with what you’re saying about being an introvert and logical thinker! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to some of our new members @mbennett , @adnandarr , @Jchernowski and @jholtmann 🙌🏼
We’d love to know more about you! Hop in & drop your admin stories onto this thread. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to our new members -  @Kwamboldt  @rho_ran_experian @nhb119 @Padolfi @anne.krieger @DIshmael @dhuffman72   🤝🏼

We’d love to hear your admin journey stories on here! 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to our new members @blemire0112 @julia_brell @Andy Trevino @Vikas Kaushik @megan.curtis @lauren.geiger 🌟😍

Feel free to answer any of the questions shared above on the post - looking forward to getting to know you all! 😊

Badge

Welcome, new members! @blemire0112 @julia_brell @Andy Trevino @Vikas Kaushik @megan.curtis @lauren.geiger 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have been in customer success for over 14 years and with a couple of different companies who have used Gainsight as a customer success platform (including the one I work for now), when my current employer was considering the tool, I jumped at the chance to advocate for it’s use and benefit and talked to the leadership team on what can be accomplished with the tool (including my own use of saving a customer from leaving by using Gainsight as the tool to see what was happening with them early on). With this, they knew they needed an admin for the customer success operations and asked me to lead it. I have only been the designated Gainsight admin for 6 months, and have my level 1 certification (hoping to take the level 2 soon), but I wouldn’t change the journey for anything! 

I love the learning! For me, it keeps me intrigued and i like finding ways to show others how great the product is! Our customer success team has benefited greatly in using this tool and I like that I can provide insight for them and show the more and more what the tool can do. I also really enjoy the Gainsight community! They have been a wonderful addition to my journey in this admin role! 

What have you loved the most in your admin journey so far?

I have learned that Gainsight is a VERY robust customer success platform and while i have used it for some time, there is still so much to learn and share with my colleagues! I am looking forward to continuing to build my network with other admins and learn from them and hoping that they too can learn from my journey thus far! All very new and exciting (and sometimes a little scary), but all worth it! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to our new members @debbie_456 & @catarinacardoso ⚡️⚡️

We’d love to get to know you more!

Feel free to share your admin journey stories onto this thread. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to our new members @Bradleymt @Sarmada Atluru @jaymeb @billasrikanth @tintin926_ @rizaliejean.manayon @karenadornetti 👏🏼🌪️

We’d love to hear your admin journey on here! 😊