Solved

Anyone else seeing CoPilot add multiple unnecessary decimal places to numerical variables?

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
We cloned an existing, working email template in CoPilot for a special project. The template itself contains a numerical value, which is the number of days until the customers renewal is due. Up to this point, it has always come across to the customer as a whole number (i.e. "40"). BUT, following the new template we made yesterday, it was sent as "40.00000". This was not present in the preview before initiating the outreach.

Anyone else seeing this behavior with new email templates?

On a side note, we did get a fun reply for the customer:

""40.00000​ days." That is very all-the-way-to-the-fifth-decimal-place specific!" 

icon

Best answer by jeffrey_dasilva 16 June 2017, 14:52

View original

13 replies

Badge
UPDATE: We did identify that the variable we added was set as a "TEXT" variable rather than "NUMERIC". I am sure that plays a factor.

With that said, the preview doesn't display the behavior and the actual sending of the email does. That is still odd to me.
Badge
Did you try formatting the token in the email template as numeric with 0 decimal places?
Badge
AH I did not! I'll give that a shot. That makes total sense.
Badge
Ben, I believe this may be related to an issue reported by another of my customers. Will you send this question to Support? I want to make sure if it is not working as expected, we are tracking that to resolve. support@gainsight.com

Thanks!

Tracy
Badge
Hi Ben - I have seen this, too. What's even more interesting is that our test emails looked good, but we got a couple of responses from clients with the extra zeroes after the decimal.

Elizabeth
Badge
Hey Elizabeth,

The way we got around this was Jeffrey DaSilva's recommendation by setting the decimal number. I haven't seen any customer replies though, so not sure if what you are seeing is also affecting us.
Badge
Ben, how do you set the decimal number? I'm looking at the number formats available and they just have varying options. I don't see anything where I can use a comma separator and not show decimals, for example.
Badge
Hey Elizabeth. I think that is the very first option when you select "Number" in the token. Here is a screenshot of what I see at the top of the options list for number styles:

Does using that option yield the result of a style like "1,000" rather than "1,000.00"?
Badge
That is really interesting because I don't see that option at all.  Here's what mine shows:

Badge
I think I figured it out. The one I did was an edit on a Template from the 1.0 version. If I try thing in Templates 2.0, I see what you are seeing. 

This seems to be an issue/bug/limitation with the Templates 2.0 framework.

A hacky workaround could be to clone a old 1.0 template and use that? 
Badge
Thanks, Ben.

On the GS side, will this be updated in 2.0 soon?

Hi,

Yes. This is something which we are aware of and we will update the same in the coming release. I will update here once it is fixed.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi,

This issue is fixed and fix will be available as part of 5.9 release.

Thanks,

Vinay