Question

Integration with Klipfolio or other sources to capture company metrics.

• 8 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Our company uses Klipfolio to display metrics across multiple teams for multiple data sources to the organization as a whole. We also use a home-grown database to capture other key metrics that help forecast additional head count by combining multiple data sources that contain bandwidth and forecast information. With CSM's use of Gainsight, pulling metrics out of Gainsight and sending to these external sources is crucial. Is this something that is a capability today? If not, is it on the roadmap? 

7 replies

Hi Samantha,

In order to support various data exporting requirements, we've enabled Export to S3 option as part of Bionic Rules. With this, you can join SFDC AND MDA objects, make use of all the processing capabilities that Bionic Rules support and then export the final result. Are you aware of this?

As a follow up, what objects & fields do you want to export from Gainsight?

Thanks,

Ashok
Badge +1
Hi Ashok,

Yes, we use the export feature to review bionic rule outputs during testing and that was my first thought for being able to perform this type of action. However, I was unsure of how we would set-up a 'pull' out of the S3 bucket or if that is even possible. Is there a way to allow other services to pull out of S3?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
A popular tool used by many Gainsight customers for integrating different data sources and systems without manual import processes is Azuqua. Check out their list of integrations - it's pretty impressive (and includes Gainsight as well). :)

https://azuqua.com/app-library
we are in the same situation in our company. our backend programmers made up a python (language isn't really important actually) script that uses S3 api to pull bionic rules output directly to our internal DB. Similarly, we also set up daily mda sync between Gainsight (S3 bucket) and our DB. The script pulls data from DB --> dumps it into csv files --> saves them in s3 input folder and then Gainsigh s3 connector jobs do their part of work transitioning files from s3 to mda prebuilt objects. hope, this helps
Badge +1
Hi Lyubov,

Thank you! This sounds like the path that would work best for us to pull the bionic rule output directly from S3 to dump into our internal database. 
Lyubov - Thanks for sharing the broader perspective. As you rightly said, we are using Bionic Rules | Export to S3 for exporting the data and then using S3 connector to Import the data into Gainsight.

Samantha / Lyuboy - Additional detail is that you can use Webhook (API callback) in S3 connector to notify your ETL scripts with the status of file processing, success & failure records. This would help to run the scripts automatically in the event of failures. I know this might be a little more technical details and would be happy to have someone talking to your Technical teams, if you need further details.
Thank you, Ashok, I'll let our developers know about the Webhook! They don't use it know but it sounds reasonable to relay on it.