Question

Assign Scorecard 2.0 to accounts based on criteria not in Standard Objects

• 11 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Is there a way to assign scorecards to accounts based on criteria from custom fields on the account or customer info objects?

For example, we're looking to segment our high touch and low touch customers to a scorecard based on whether or not they have a CS Manager assigned to them (customer info object field), or a boolean checkbox for "CS Owned Account" (account object field).

I only see the below options: 

Do we have to build new criteria into one of these fields, or do I have to create the rule that populates these scores based on the criteria I'm looking for? Thoughts? 

6 replies

Badge +1
I had the same issue, but lived with whatever we had so far, but would be good to know if this is possible somehow or if it can be considered for a future release.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thanks Marcelo. When you say "lived with what we had", what was the solution? Were you able to segment or are you just populating one scorecard?
Badge +1
No, actually we just assigned the scorecards to every account and then just load those that had a CSM assigned to them. No segmentation at all and at this point we did not concern with having empty scorecards (but if in the future we want to have different scorecards per type of segment it will be a problem).
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I had something similar (though not identical). I opted to add a field to the Company object in the MDA that contained my CSM.

To add fields, I followed these steps (and I'm sparing some of the detail here):

First, add the field to the Company MDA object:

1. Admin > Operations > Data Management 
  2. Find and enter the Company MDA object.
  3. Within the Company MDA object, use the Add Field button to add the field you desire.
Second, set Gainsight Connect with configuration information on how to populate that added field.

1. Once the field is added, Admin > Operations > Gainsight Connect
  2. Edit the Company settings.
  3. Click the +Field Mapping section in the Field Mappings or Derived Field Mappings section, depending on what you're adding.
Once that is added to the Company MDA and Gainsight Connect settings and the field starts to populate, you can use the field for Scorecard selection.
Badge +1
Very cool way of addressing this issue. Thanks Matt for sharing.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Perfect, I believe this addresses the issue