Admin Office Hours - 9/28/7

• 22 September 2017
  • 9 replies

This thread is for the Admin Office Hours session for Thursday September 28th, 

2017.  Submit your questions to this thread and we'll address them during our session at 11am PST / 12pm MST / 1pm CST / 2pm EST.

To register for this session, please click here.

9 replies

Badge +3
Hi Evan,

A segment of our customers (product-dependent) have usage activity that is cyclical in nature with somewhat predictable peaks and troughs. These customers are all grouped in a product-based Relationship, and we have a relationship field (pick-list) setup to track the progression of usage that is separate from customer lifecycle stages. 

In configuring relationship scorecards, I’d like to include a measure that compares the total usage of the latest “Active” cycle of the product to the next. 

Is there a way for me to go about calculating the the SUM of activity data during an “Active” cycle?

Many thanks in advance– happy to elaborate during the session on Thursday. 

Cheers,

Pele
Evan-

Here is our question for the day:

We want to identify customers/companies where all emails are bounced/not opened/rejected.

Primarily through our copilot outreaches.

Our concern is that we have lost our sponsors or main points of contact.

We would like to identify these customers and fire some actions to find the new point of contact

We could obviously do some manual analysis of email logs - however we would like to put this to logic and 'automate' it if possible.

I have run this through chat, support, our CSM (Elaine) and it was suggested we take it here also.

Any good ideas?
I am also curious about this - I am not able to attend this week's office hours.

Evan - would you provide a recap of the solution afterward?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I'm wading into Bionic rules, and convinced what I want to build is possible with Bionic rules, and is definitely possible with 3-4 chained Custom Rules. I'd like to wade in deeper to understand more.
Badge +3
Hi Evan,

I've had something come up that I need to attend. Hoping I can join the second half of this session. 

Thanks,

Pele
Happy to provide a recap here. To solve this we believe that you would need to create a rule for it. The rules is built off of Email Logs and will have the following in the show field:

• Account ID
  • Contact Name
  • Bounced
  • Opened
  • Batch ID
  • Primary Contact
  • Triggered Date (or another Date/Time Identifier)
Once you have that all brought in, in the filter section bring in the following:

• Bounced = Yes
  • Opened = 0
  • Triggered Date (or other Date/Time Identifier) 2 weeks (or however often you wish it to check)
The Date/Time Identifier is required because if someone had opened an email at any given time and there isn't one, the rule will always fail. So if you include the time identifier then you are able to determine if someone has stopped responding/opening your emails.

Next you will want to create three actions, in this order.

• If no one has responded, create a CTA (high priority most likely)
  • If primary hasn't responded, but other have, create CTA
  • If primary has responded, but other haven't, create CTA
We haven't managed to actually build and test this, however it should work for the use case above. If you run into any issues please bring them back to Office Hours so we can help resolve this.
Happy to provide a recap here. To solve this we believe that you would need to create a rule for it. The rules is built off of Email Logs and will have the following in the show field:

• Account ID
  • Contact Name
  • Bounced
  • Opened
  • Batch ID
  • Primary Contact
  • Triggered Date (or another Date/Time Identifier)
Once you have that all brought in, in the filter section bring in the following:

• Bounced = Yes
  • Opened = 0
  • Triggered Date (or other Date/Time Identifier) 2 weeks (or however often you wish it to check)
The Date/Time Identifier is required because if someone had opened an email at any given time and there isn't one, the rule will always fail. So if you include the time identifier then you are able to determine if someone has stopped responding/opening your emails.

Next you will want to create three actions, in this order.

• If no one has responded, create a CTA (high priority most likely)
  • If primary hasn't responded, but other have, create CTA
  • If primary has responded, but other haven't, create CTA
We haven't managed to actually build and test this, however it should work for the use case above. If you run into any issues please bring them back to Office Hours so we can help resolve this.
yeah - I am not there yet after the first go round with the above info

the email logs can identify email statuses - but what I need is an aggregate of all emails sent to a specific customer vs did all those emails bounce.  I'm with Matt, a few bionic rules and MDAs may be necessary to get there...considering all email correspondence from copilot is to the customer admins or super users....

create simple MDA, very simple 3 columns to start

Account ID

emails sent

Emails "bounced"

A-capture all emails sent (within a time period)

transform and aggregate #  to account level

Upsert to MDA above with account ID as identifier

B-then capture all bounced (within same timer period)

transform and aggregate # to account level

Upsert to MDA above with account ID as identifier

if A <> B fire CTA to review 

before I begin all of this... Id love to hear some feedback on if we think it is feasible.
or

rule to count all reject + bounce + not open

transform and write aggregate to MDA 

and compare that to Emails sent

you get the jist