Solved

Co-Pilot: Template Name Changes Nullifying "Once in Lifetime" setting on Outreaches

• 12 January 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
We've discovered that making changes to the name of an email template will nullify (or re-set) the "once in a lifetime" setting that was previously set on the outreach that uses that template.

In theory, your power list should only grab customers who fit the set criteria and you wouldn't be likely to send duplicate messages; however, when we recently ran a manual push of an outreach to distribute it to customers who should have received it in the past, and the template we used had recently undergone a slight change in its naming convention for tracking purposes, it resulted in the delivery of this message to several customers who had already received it.

Perhaps this is my own naivete, but I had thought that once a template or outreach was created, it was set and name or text changes wouldn't alter the tracking of its history. Since that is not the case, wouldn't it be cool/convenient if that was the case? 
icon

Best answer by lauren_mintz 21 June 2016, 21:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes agree!  Renaming a template should not impact the criteria of the outreach.  This sounds like a bug to me.
Userlevel 5
Lauren,

We were not able to reproduce this in our local environment. Is this behavior consistent in your org? If yes, can you log a support ticket for further debugging?
Badge +1
Hi Sundar,

We've already opened and closed a support ticket for this (#7015). Gainsight support discovered that the reason for the duplicate outreaches was the template name change, which is what prompted me to submit this idea for improvement.

Best,

Lauren
Userlevel 5
Thanks Lauren. 

Have raised an internal ticket for identifying and fixing this. 
Badge +1
Thank you, Sundar!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Has this ever been followed up on?
Userlevel 5
We had no luck in reproducing this issue in our environment. Did it occur again in your case?
Badge +1
Hi Sundar - 

It hasn't happened yet, but that's on purpose. As a result of our initial launch, we need to make changes to our template naming convention based on key learnings and to accommodate market & use case expansion. We've held off on making these changes because it is likely we would trigger a duplicative outreach to contacts. From our perspective, we still believe that renaming an existing template should not impact the criteria of an outreach.

-Lauren