Multiple CSM's on 1 R360 - Best Practice

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

I am curious to know what people’s best practices are for having multiple CSM’s or resources on 1 R360.  The situation is the exception and not the rule in our environment. I do not want to create additional fields to capture the resource name as that will cause havoc on reporting, etc.  If you have a solution in place, I would love to hear everyones’ ideas.  TIA Jessica

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@gunjanm any idea about this?

Userlevel 5
Badge

There is no other solution to do. You have to add additional fields. 

Your only other solution is to duplicate the Relationship multiple times, but that in itself will cause problems.

Having a Team Member object would be ideal. And yes sure you can create that concept. However,  that will cause issues when you go to dashboard/report filters and displaying them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

There is no other solution to do. You have to add additional fields. 

Your only other solution is to duplicate the Relationship multiple times, but that in itself will cause problems.

Having a Team Member object would be ideal. And yes sure you can create that concept. However,  that will cause issues when you go to dashboard/report filters and displaying them.

This is exactly it. Just have multiple lookups to the User object. It will be easier rather than harder to report on, to be honest. We’ve got multiple types of CSMs on the Company and then different Relationship Types (which could be an option but still causes equivalent difficulty/complexity).