Solved

Dashboard Draft

• 23 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

As I work through updates and tweaks to Dashboards, it would be great to have a “draft”. Once you hit save, the changes are immediate. We often need time to work on something, fine tune, update the global filters (which are painfully slow often), communicate, then publish. The way we are working through this now is copying a dashboard and updating the naming convention with V1, V2, etc. 

It would be nicer to be able to work in a draft state and then publish, that way we aren’t have to go through the duplication process for simply switching out a report or two.This also helps keep our dashboard list clean and minimal (no long list of versions).

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 28 July 2020, 22:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@andreammelde - as a workaround, you could unshare the dashboard as your working through it. I typically will create a copy, adjust the name, and unshare it with everyone. That way it doesn’t end up being listed on their home page. Once you are ready, you can share the dashboard with a select few for testing and then give access to everyone else. 

The way to hide or unhide a dashboard from someone’s view is through dashboard permissions. Here’s some more details on how to share a dashboard:

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@jean.nairon are you able to clone a dashboard? At this time, when I go to try it is not an option. So as an admin, this is a very clunky experience. I have to start from scratch to add or make a few changes and depending on the dashboard it is a lot of extra work.

I would not considered this a solved post. A workaround is available, but the request itself is not solved