Tuesday US Admin Office Hours (CS Platform): Apr 23, 2024 - 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 23 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, Tuesday, April 23, 2024 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/96758098131?pwd=Z2ZyTDRYVzJGMDdsV20vWWxXRGcydz09

Meeting ID: 967 5809 8131

Passcode: 678844

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/azzeidOTB

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Scott! We’ve launched customer goals and the CSM’s are successfully creating goals and related CTA’s for customers. A gap that I haven’t solved for yet is linking the respective goal within the CTA. I have created a report for the CSM’s using the Customer Goal Association object but I really want to display the related Customer Goal within the CTA. I’m unable to link the GS Customer Goal object to the CTA because it doesn’t meet the “low volume custom object” requirement so now I’m trying to add a custom field within the CTA details that will find the related goal and display it. Bonus points if I can hyperlink it to the related goal! All that I’ve been able to do is create a look up field where the CSM would be able to search and add the related goal but that’s not ideal in my opinion.

Any thoughts/guidance is appreciated!

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Wes French -- guessing you can’t get on the session today?  Just dropped off but you can ping me back here if you jump on -- looks like a quiet day so I dropped back off the bridge.

If you were hoping that I’d be able to point you to a feature or checkbox somewhere that allows for the linkage, let me take a look and get back with you - haven’t worked with Goals enough, and recently enough, to know off the top of my head but going to take a peek now and drop a line back shortly!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom My apologies! I’m available now if you are. No worries if you want to explore and get back with me. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Wes French  -- dug into it a little bit and the short answer is no, there isn’t a way to do this -- and for two primary reasons:

• You can associate the same CTA to multiple Goals, and that many-to-many association means that the “association” feature, even if you copy Goals into a low-volume object, won’t handle Many-to-Many linkage.
  • If you control for only 1 goal (and there isn’t a way to limit the # of goals a CTA can be associated to, so it would have to be via a dashboard to show cases of too many associations for the users to fix), there isn’t a standalone link yet for Goals -- CTAs and Success Plans, yes, but not goals.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that one -- but post a product request here on community and I would assume it would get some votes!

Best,

Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you kindly Scott for the detailed follow up. I appreciate it!

I do feel better that I wasn’t completely missing how to do it. I will submit feedback to GS for this potential feature. 

Have a great day!

-Wes