header
Solved

Re-Enable User for Email After Opt Out

• 9 October 2019
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to re-enabled or remove the Opt-Out? I have a user who deleted his last email from gainsight after he unsubscribe from everything but now wants to change his mine. Is there a way in the backend to reset his email options?

icon

Best answer by kendra_mcclanahan 9 October 2019, 21:05

Hey John - yep, an admin can do this from Administration -> Email Configuration -> Email Validator. From there, search for the email address and it will show what they've opted-out from. You can then remove that selection. I put together a quick example below - I'm not opted out, so you can't see the full steps but hopefully helps!

https://cl.ly/10ab68e6f704

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey John - yep, an admin can do this from Administration -> Email Configuration -> Email Validator. From there, search for the email address and it will show what they've opted-out from. You can then remove that selection. I put together a quick example below - I'm not opted out, so you can't see the full steps but hopefully helps!

https://cl.ly/10ab68e6f704

Userlevel 7
Badge
Another option is called out in this FAQ doc: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Email_Options_and_Guidelines/Email_Opt-out_Policy#FAQs

Can a CSM re-subscribe on behalf of a user?

This is not recommended, but is possible. To do this, from an outreach, the CSM can execute a sample run with the following data to receive an email with the Manage your subscription preference link in the CSM’s email account:

Select the contact to fetch data: select the user’s contact on behalf of whom the CSM is re-subscribing email communications. For example, John.

Send email to: enter CSM’s email ID. For example, csm@gainsight.com; then click RUN.

That is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Kendra!

Userlevel 6

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that Gainsight now provides users with more granular control to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications from the 360 > Person section. To enable users to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications, an Email Opt-Out field must be added to the Gainsight Person object in the LIST VIEW and DETAIL VIEW tabs of the 360 LAYOUTS page. After the Email Opt-Out field is added to the Gainsight Person object, users can set the value to true for a particular user of a company in the C360/R360 page. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

For more information, refer to the v6.14 release.

Thanks for posting!

I attempted Kendra’s recommendation to validate an email address so that I can remove the opt-out selection the user made. When I enter the email address and click “Validate”, nothing happens. I tested other recipient emails that have not opted-out and they worked fine - I got the notification I expected. However, there is no notice or subsequent options when I entered the email address that I’m certain opted-out. 

Can you let me know if there is something I’m missing?