Solved

CSMs using Journey Orchestrator for outreach

Hi everyone, 

Our CSMs are interested in using outreaches to send to all product users in their BoB. Does anyone have any best practices or can outline an approach to how they've set this up? Thinking of setting up individual power lists for each CSM and limiting access to email templates based on those that they've sent, but open to suggestions. Thanks in advance! 
icon

Best answer by tim_schukar 15 August 2018, 21:23

View original

10 replies

Badge +1
Diana you could use Programs for this. When building the query, you can check on who the customer's CSM is and include that as the sender. This way you avoid having to create separate lists for each CSM.
Badge
Rather than use Outreach, why not use eMail Assist?
Hey Diana - I would recommend setting up a Journey Orchestrator program and source the participants via Query Builder.  This would allow you to pull in not only Accounts/Contacts, but purchased products, usage, etc.  

By pulling in the assigned CSM into the Query Builder list, you could have these emails come from the CSM on the account.  Furthermore, if there is an action you hope they take, you can use the Conditional Wait step and a calculated field to check for a value.  Depending upon the value, you could then create a CTA (with or without EA) for the CSM or simply end the program.
Hi Tim, thanks for this. Is there another way to pull in contacts who have opted out, aside from uploading via csv? 
Hey Diana!  

Are you updating a field on the Contact record for the opt out?  Best practice is to have a field (or set of fields) for various communication preferences, and then exclude the opt outs as part of the Query Builder filter fields. 

E.g.  Opt Out Field = "Opt Out" (checkbox)

QB

Show me: First Name, Email, Contact ID, CSM, Account Name, etc.

Filter: Customer Info: Stage = Active; Contact: Opt Out = null; etc.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
A couple questions that come  to mind for me include:

• Are the emails a series  of emails they would like every account/contact in their BoB to receive at the same cadence? (Ex. All my customers get this email when they reach this milestone)
  • Are the emails  one-offs in the sense that this month  my customers need to know this?
You should be able to set the user permissions in Journey  Orchestrator to allow them to do everything but send and delete things. This will allow you to "gate keep" to ensure they aren't emailing the entire customer base until you are confident in their knowledge of JO.
Hi Lane, for now the emails are more one-off in nature (ex. for feature releases), but may be distributed at a more regular cadence in the future. If we opt for the outreach option, would you suggest creating separate power lists for each CSMs' BoB? Is there a way to limit the power lists and/or email templates they see, to limit potential errors? 

Thanks,

Diana 
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
For Feature  Release,  do all customers need to have the information? If so,  leverage the Powerlist to have it appear to be sent from the CSM. 1 Powerlist, 1 Email,  1 outreach.
Hi, thanks Lane. Is there a way to tokenize the "From Name" field, so we can pull in the CSM's name? 
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Yes! If you pull it into your Participant list as a field it will be available. In the Participant list it would be "CSM Email" and "CSM Name" you would want to pull over.