Question

Change the opt-out redirect in the JO Email Template

• 14 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
One of my customers wants to use their own opt-out link. Is it possible to do this? Is there a workaround? Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
This is what I have heard from our product team:

We don't support this. Reason being:

We use Unsubscribed emails collection to decide whether someone should get an email or not from Gainsight. If we give the ability to add their own opt-out links, it means that the opt-out information will be stored somewhere else and we won't get the data to store in unsubscribed emails and therefore unsubscribe preferences won't be respected.
Badge
I would add some detail to the need for either allowing a custom opt-out link or the ability to better tailor the unsubscribe choices.

In our organization, we use a few tools for communicating out to clients and the unsubscribe from CoPilot is written back to SFDC in order to make those opt-outs visible across the board.

We also have a more customized opt-out that we'd like to be able to use because it provides more detail about the types of messages we send and gives the user the ability to opt out of specific types while keeping others so we don't lose them completely.

The fact that we can't customize our unsubscribe options to be more granular or use our other custom link means that customers who unsubscribe in CoPilot are lost on a much bigger scale than those who unsubscribe to just a few categories.
Hi Elizabeth,

We are planning to enhance and allow multiple opt out categories in the short term roadmap. More details can be found here - https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/email-opt-out-categories-in-gainsight

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge +1
Hello - I wanted to come back to this as it seems you've made some changes recently that are detrimental to being able to use our own opt-out link. We had been using non-operational emails with our own footer & link at the end but in Programs that use surveys, this is no longer possible.

We want to serve our customers in the best way possible & have the most simply clever option for them to opt-out from receiving communication from us through all of the tools we need to use.

Gainsight doesn't have functionality for us to easily manage all of that communication therefore it's not acceptable for us that we can only use your opt-out and not customise it. This doesn't allow us to provide the customer experience to the standard we strive for.