Solved

Marketo Connector

• 29 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

We’d like to integrate Marketo data, I see that in the old connectors menu there’s an option to set up Marketo connector but it’s not in the new connectors 2.0 menu - can we still use the old one or should it be set up differently in the 2.0 menu?

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 31 July 2020, 01:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@ml2019, what use case are you trying to build? Are you planning to pull Marketo data into Gainsight to show marketing emails or any other marketing activity on the C360? Or are you looking to push Gainsight data to Marketo to trigger email campaigns?

Do you also have Marketo already integrated with Salesforce?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The Marketo connector works under the 1.0 feature. It is used to send survey emails and to trigger emails using the rules engine. It doesn’t pull in Marketo data to load to the C360. 

If you have integrated Marketo with SFDC, and are loading Marketo emails and campaigns to SFDC, you should be able to easily show these on the C360. Marketo emails typically get pulled into the Activity object so that you can see all your emails (Marketo and SFDC emails) all in one place. Here’s some more details on the SFDC Sync: 

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+the+Salesforce+Sync

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The old connector in the SFDC edition of Gainsight let you use the Marketo API to send emails from Rules or for surveys. That functionality is less relevant today because of Journey Orchestrator. There is no Marketo connector in NXT.

Badge +2

Thank you @john_apple ! Thank you @jean.nairon , yes I’d like to pull Marketo data into Gainsight to show marketing emails or any other marketing activity on the C360, can we do this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@ml2019, I would recommend integrating Marketo with SFDC first. There’s a connector that allows you to pull in Marketing emails into SFDC in the Activity object. Once the data is in SFDC, you can import it via the connector or rules engine. Marketo emails and any SFDC emails all end up in the same object but there is some fields that you can filter the data by. 

Here’s some more info on the Marketo to SFDC sync: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+the+Salesforce+Sync

Alternatively, you could bring the data in via S3 ingest but I think that will be a lot more difficult to setup and maintain. 

Badge +2

Thank you @jean.nairon , this is very helpful!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You’re most welcome @ml2019!

hi @jean.nairon @john_apple! Following up on this old post to see if we’re able to push Gainsight data to Marketo to trigger email campaigns? Hoping if there’s any way to connect Marketo using Connectors 2.0 on NXT?

Any response is much appreciated. Thank you!