Using Calculated Fields to Map in Survey Answers in Journey Orchestrator Program

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Learned something cool, and wanted to share!

Use Case: Building a survey program for post-implementation survey to the customer. After responding, we have a conditional wait that if the CSAT score is 2 or 1, create a CTA and send an FYI email notice to the implementation team member’s manager with the relevant details.

Issue: We needed to map in the survey answers submitted by the participant in the FYI email notice to the manager, but survey answers are not OOTB tokens in a JO program.

Workaround: You can use Calculated Fields from the “Survey User Answer” object to map in survey answers! Here’s how I set it up:

Configuration:

From Participant Source, add Calculated Fields. For each field, map the following:

• Show Me: Answer > Title
  • Filters:
    • Question > Title = XYZ (to narrow down the question whose answer you are mapping)
    • Survey > Name = XYZ (to narrow down the survey from which you are sourcing the answer)
    • Participant ID > Email = FIELD Recipient Email (to tie the response to the correct participant)
    • Participant ID > Company GSID = FIELD Company GSID (to tie the response to the correct Company Person participant)

I don’t think you’ll always need the Company GSID mapping, but it’s a good way to ensure you are always aligning the right response to the right participant, especially if you have a participant that could be at multiple accounts.

Then, map these new calculated fields into the tokens on your email template.

I’ve only used this in testing so far, but it’s working as expected! Thanks for the suggestion, Alex LeGay, and for the Global Gainsight Admin Community for this idea.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

To improve admin quality of life, survey answers should be tokenizable OOTB in Gainsight JO programs. Vote for that capability here!

https://community.gainsight.com/ideas/use-survey-responses-as-tokens-variant-filters-in-programs-30565

Used it successfully!!