Solved

Advanced Outreach (Custom Templates)

• 28 June 2017
  • 9 replies

Has anyone had any luck with setting up custom templates for advanced outreach? I love the concept of the feature but do not want it solely linked to a survey. Is it possible to have the advanced outreach progress based on data triggers in Gainsight or is there an existing workaround?

Ideally, we would like to set this process up using Advanced Outreach. (See attached)

https://www.lucidchart.com/invitations/accept/24997b4e-0a77-4e2a-bc87-5f5813234d5d

Currently, our beginner training modules are linked to one quiz (https://affinio.typeform.com/to/wdDqKs). We realise this isn't ideal for our customers as they typically do not want to sit down and do all the training modules at once. We would like to break out the modules into separate quizzes - which we would then use Advanced Outreach to deliver the modules in sequential order.

ex: 

Customer X finishes module 1
    Data is captured in type form and sent over to salesforce via zapier
    When field is populated trigger module 2
    Repeat until completion of training modules.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by karl_rumelhart 28 June 2017, 20:20

View original

9 replies

Badge
I think what you are describing is the Business Process Assistant functionality that Gainsight has discussed for Advanced Outreaches. When I asked about this previously, it sounded like more of a late 2017 feature. I could be wrong though.

I agree on the value. We have several non-survey workflows that could be improved with that functionality (i.e. renewals, Welcome journey, etc.).
Interesting Ben - Do you have a link or know where I could find information that outlines the Business Process Assistant Functionality update? I'd be curious as to what they plan to include in their update.
Badge
Sure thing, although I don't have much. They mentioned it at the Pulse conference this year, but did not have a timeline. The Introduction to Advanced Outreach article does mention the following:

The first supported use cases for this feature are for sending surveys. Other campaigns, such as an email chain model, pre-event marketing, and post-event feedback models are all currently in development.

So, we'll see?
Badge +3
Ben has this exactly right.  With Advanced Outreach we have introduced a BPM layer in Gainsight. This will totally enable single flow automation of complex journeys like the (very cool) one you pointed us to, Justin.  First time out, we focused this on automating various Survey programs both because these are very important use cases in themselves and as a way to exercise this big big big new technology in Gainsight.  We will be opening this up to additional scenarios gradually over time.  I will have our product manager for this area (Praneet) reach out to you, Justin, to go deeper into your scenarios and discuss how we can accommodate them. 
Awesome - thank you, Karl and Ben! I look forward to hearing from Praneet.
Badge +3
Justin - Karl talked about this in his roadmap webinar this week.  You could request a copy from your Gainsight CSM if you missed it.
Userlevel 6
Hi Praneet, do we have a preliminary outline of what's targeted for release in August/Summer related to "Business Process Assistant"?  I don't think any specifics were mentioned in our last roadmap webinar.  Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi everyone, just want to give you a head's up that we are running Adv. Outreach office hours today, and next week:

• Thursday, July 6 at 9:00 - 11AM PT -- Sign up 
  • Thursday, July 13 at 9:00 - 11AM PT -- Sign up
Hosted by Praneet Chandra, Product Manager, and resident CoPilot and Survey expert. Bring your Adv. Outreach questions to open office hours!
Will do - thanks Denise!