Solved

Email bounces: best way to export list?

• 4 September 2018
  • 3 replies

How do people export a list of bounces? I can see the list in Program Analytics and Outreach Analytics. But those pop-up reports do not have an export option.

Product idea: make an export option for the pop-up reports in the Journey Analytics.
icon

Best answer by dan_wiegert 4 September 2018, 21:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
We make a report from Email Logs with Hard Bounce >= 1. In needed, we could filter down to a particular Outreach or timeframe.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Mark,

One of my go-to ways of figuring out whether a contact has bounced is to create a report off of the Email Logs object and be sure to pull in a field called "event messages" -- theses are the messages that are returned to the Gainsight email domain when an email is rejected by a recipient (these are the same messages you will find on Administration/Email Config/Email Validator). 

If you pull in Account name, Batch Name (i.e. Outreach name), contact name, email, triggered date, *search for Bounce, pull in hard and soft bounce,  and create a filter for "event message != null" and that should give you a list of bounce messages.

That is the only way that I know of to access a bounce list that is internal to Gainsight. I hope that helps.

Thanks, John and Dan!