Audit Tracking in Gainsight

Related products: None

HPE has requested enhanced audit tracking as a part of their implementation. This tracking would fall into two categories.

1. Data tracking

ex. A relationship owner is changed from Person1 to Person2. They want the ability to see who changed it, when it was changed, etc.

2. Configuration Tracking 

ex. a rule is modified and they want to see who modified and when (and potentially restore!)

They will have 3-4 business units in Gainsight and are very concerned having multiple Admins working on features that could be related or directly impact each other.
1.  You could use the feature of tracking the field history in SFDC.  

2.  Two comments - we are considering detailed rule audit tracking for Spring but unclear if it will make it for this coming release.  Second - we are building out more and more capabilities to allow for Federated Customer Management to support different admins per relationship type.   In our upcoming release, some of the configuration will be separated by Relationship Type if desired, e.g. configure different CTA Reasons per relationship type.

a. Yep we discussed. The SFDC Admin team does not want to use this widely, they are very concerned with the amount of fields they will be tracking for Salesforce already.

b. This only solves SFDC objects, not MDA.

2. This will help although I'm confident we will still be challenged on this daily by large Jupiter IT teams until we bring a real change tracking/auditing tool to Gainsight.
+1

auditing will be a bigger topic as we move into larger, more structured IT organizations. And not just Jupiter. Some of my Venus accounts are transitioning ownership and admin of Gainsight from the CSM team to corporate IT, so I think this type of management will be critical. 
Hi Devin,

Absolutely. Audit information related to Bionic Rules is definitely on our roadmap. We hope to take it up in one of our releases this year.  I will let you know the exact timelines once decided.

Regards,

Jitin