Question

Journey Orchestrator | Personalized Links in CSV Upload?

• 30 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Heya,

I’ve been trying to do a bulk upload of a CSV list in Journey Orchestrator, that includes personal links for some of our customers to redeem a gift via our gifting platform (Reachdesk), and for some reason, the link isn’t uploading in the Program.

I’ve ran programs with this before, and it’s the 1st time I’ve encountered this problem.

I double checked the CSV, and the links appear in a text format - so no idea why they aren’t being pulled through.

Any suggestions? Any changes?

Ta!

Charlotte

2 replies

Badge +1

All right - have you ever heard of this impatient person that couldn’t wait? Managed to solve this by myself after 2h of tinkering.

The culprit: Excel interpreted the link weirdly, so when I converted it into a CSV it probably kept some legacy code that Gainsight didn’t recognise.

Solution: Re-entered the links as text only to strip any of the hidden code on the main XLS, and then I saved it to CSV, and when I uploaded it Gainsight recognised the content.

The method to finding the solution:

• Was it my program? I created a new dummy program, where I uploaded the same data: same problem.
  • I uploaded another list that had different personalised links into that dummy program, and it recognised the list, which help me pinpoint it down to the file, not the program.

Now I’m done with my monologue, hope this helps someone in some corner of the internet at some point ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Mapped in custom mappings? That’s the only thing I can think of. 🤔