Dynamic Relationship Roll up to Company Health Weighting

• 17 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Curious to know if anyone has been able to accomplish a unique business modeler use-case I have come across. 

I have been speaking to a prospect who would like to use business modeler to measure health on the product/SKU level and then roll up certain health metrics to the account level. With that, there are some products that have a higher ARR than others, so the ask is to be able to dynamically weight the lower ARR products to contribute less than the higher ARR products to the roll up into the account view. 

I hope that makes sense! Any insight or experience you can share with me on this topic is much appreciated! 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is easy to do.

You just add up all the ACV from each product. Once you have it all added it you divide the individual product ACV by the total and then multiply the score by that number.

What you are doing is determining what size of piece of the whole pie each product has based on ACV and then applying that percentage to the overall score.

Scenario 1

Prod A has 50ACV and 100% green

Probe B has 50ACV and 100% green

Total ACV = 100

50/100= 50% or .5

percentage times score.

.5*100= 50

.5*100= 50

50+50=100%

Scenario 2

Prod A has 150ACV and 100% green

Probe B has 50ACV and 0% red

Total ACV = 200

50/200= 25% or .25

150/200=75% or .75

percentage times score.

.25*0= 0

.75*100= 75

0+75=75%

Badge +4

Hey @Wayne - thanks so much, this is incredibly helpful! As a follow-up regarding the roll up to company. Would this be dynamically updated when the customer adds new products or churns off existing products or would you have to update the rule(s) manually each time? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Correct it is dynamic every time the rule runs.

Each time you run the rule it is fetching from your relationship object, which should be filtered for active products. Then when one goes inactive it is not fetched anymore and the task to sum the total won’t include it.

Badge +4

Amazing! Thanks WMFB!!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Amazing! Thanks WMFB!!

lol, No problem Tara. Don’t believe a word Josh says!