US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 10/17/23 - 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 16 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Tuesday Admin Office Hours session on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 1pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/92085010484?pwd=UWo1Wkd1eWhEVmdTZHlyakdtYkpSdz09

Meeting ID: 920 8501 0484

Password: 301543

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/addOPjzrlv

8 replies

Hi Scott,

I’ve built a dashboard on an NPS Flattened object. the NPS Survey itself uses skip logic for the 2nd question to determine the next question to display.

Ex. If response to question #2 is promoter show question 3A, If response to question #2 is passive show question 3B, etc.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to build a report that shows question #2 and the associated skip logic question in a single report.

Ex. 

--Promoters--

Question #1, Question #2, Question #3A, Question #4

--Passives--

Question #1, Question #2, Question #3B, Question #4

--Detractors--

Question #1, Question #2, Question #3C, Question #4

Hi, I’d like to chat through the general instructions on how to set up a Call API JO program to push a message to a Slack channel when a Company object field’s value is changed, survey responses are submitted (with supplemented Company / Person data from the response), or new Timeline activities created. We’re using another tool for this right now but it is being sunset in January, and I was told that it may be possible to do this in Gainsight with some advanced configuration work by Support and my CSM.

On the call, we can take one of these 3 situations as an example if needed (a Company object field’s value is changed, survey responses are submitted (with supplemented Company / Person data from the response), or new Timeline activities created).

Badge

Hey Scott - Have a question about a CTA rule and need help setting up fiscal year quarter fields.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom !

Is it possible to load CTA related data from GS to the Snowflake via Rules External Action API? Can you please share the Pre-requistes (how to build external action) and configurational steps to achieve this request? 

FYI: Our Integration team doesn't want to use S3 route due to restrictions. Hence, we came up with external action API route. I might not be able to join the call due to timezone difference, but will look forward to hear recording and reply on this thread. 

1) Dashboards: how to display a single value in a “nice” way? In the provided sample pic, I just want to display the MAX(Modified Date) of my custom object as the “last refresh date/time” of the dashboard. What I was able to do does not look nice from a UI perspective.

2) Dashboards: same attached pic, how do I set the “default” global filter values for CSM and BCAM to “Current User”? I know it can be done, I just can’t find it in the admin.

3) Is there a way to roll up scorecards across multiple accounts?

1. 1 CSM KSO scorecard per account à this we know how to do
  2. 1 CSM KSO scorecard per CSM à aggregation of item # 1 for the CSM’s entire book of business
  3. 1 CSM Manager KSO scorecard per CSM Manager à aggregation of item # 2 for all CSM’s reporting to a specific manager

4) Instance-wide custom view for Timeline, how to create? Post from last week did not work.

5) Follow-up to previous post, where a lookup field on a custom object had to be created with type String instead of type GSID

1. Company lookup works with GSID field on custom object
  2. Two other lookups only worked w/ String field on custom object: Activity Timeline, Relationship

I figure out item # 2 but now I have a new question. The global filters appear to be applied as AND conditions. Is there any way to specify an OR condition? In the given screen print, I would like the filter to be: (A OR 😎 AND C AND D.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello @justo.casablanca -- found the very popular enhancement request for you to go vote up and add any thoughts you might have about your specific use case if it differs from what’s already there (I’m pretty sure you are looking for the same thing everyone else is, but you can always add to the thread there).

Not seeing an answer from Product on where this is on the Roadmap but more activity will help push it up the list!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Ditto on the “Max Date” KPI widget, @justo.casablanca -- go vote this sucker up -- and pasting your screenshot of your current setup will be helpful in illustrating to them WHY this needs to be an option!