When Records Get Deleted Out Of SFDC, Delete Corresponding Records In MDA

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

I am running into a situation with multiple customers in which users are (as expected) removing accounts/relationships/etc. out of SFDC. The issue with this? If there are records hanging out in the MDA that are associated with that account, we don't remove those records from MDA tables in Gainsight. 

For example, this customer had a couple one off relationships that were created inadvertently. Prior to them noticing this, all the scorecard rules ran and it populated that account in the MDA tables associated with it. This account was merged/deleted appropriately in SFDC, but the scorecard rules are partially failing every day. It is failing because the account ID in the MDA table no longer matches a SFDC record. 

ASK: When we delete something out of SFDC, create a popup or an automatic process that deletes all records corresponding with that ID in SFDC. I know this is a pretty big ask, but customers are getting frustrated with the "frequent cleanup" this can cause.
Just ran into this issue that was causing one of our rules to fail. I agree with this suggestion, and thanks for all for your help Steve! 
I created a 2 rules and put them into a rule Chain:

1. Customer Info is Deleted - Step 1

Matrix Data

Setup Action: Load to MDA Subject Area

This rule adds a "true" value to a field called "Deleted in SFDC?" to every customer info ID within the MDA  

2. Customer Info is Deleted - Step 2

Native Data

Setup Action: Load to MDA

This 2nd rule looks at every account within SFDC and captures the Account ID and the Customer Info ID and adds a False value to that same "Deleted in SFDC?" field. 

So basically, if the account exists in both SFDC and MDA, the True value gets overwritten by a false value indicating that the record has not been deleted in SFDC.

Each record that contains the "True" value means the Account ID within the MDA could not be found in SFDC, meaning it was deleted or merged.
Any update on this?
Johnny -- we have a similar solution. But i think you can do it in one rule.

We used the customer status value (active, churn, inactive) and I just decided to use "inactive" for this, though I could have created a 4th option.

In the bionic rule you query the Company table from MDA and then the CustomerInfo/Account from Salesforce. Join those keeping all rows, and then filter to any records where there isn't a Salesforce record. Use that filtered result to go back and update Company using the GSID as the identifier.