Tip of the week: How to Embed Wistia videos into an Engagement

• 10 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

I wanted to give a quick explanation of how to embed Wistia videos into an Engagement. Currently in PX Engagements, we can embed Youtube videos directly without changing any code.

But if you want to embed Wistia videos, you need to use the following code:

CODE: <iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{!video ID}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" width="620" height="349"></iframe> 

If you are using Wistia video, make sure to use the src = "//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{!video ID}"

If you embed the direct code from Wistia, it will display an error.

I hope this is helpful, but please keep your product feedback and Community posts coming!

Thanks,

Shireesha

7 replies

This was really helpful. Thanks for sharing Shireesha. 

@lila_meyer , do you think adding this info as a new section in the doc   https://support.gainsight.com/PX/User_Engagements/Use_Videos_For_User_Onboarding

will be useful?

What goes here: {!video ID}

Can you help with the syntax so I know where to put my specific video link? 

Hi @shireesha_reddy! Thanks so much for sharing this. I’m attempting to use your code to embed one of our Wistia videos in my slider engagement, but I keep getting a “Media not found” message when I input the video ID. Is there a setting I need to adjust in Wistia to allow the video to render? Thanks! 

I’m experiencing the same issue as @brennazenaty - having inserted the iframe and the video ID I see the error “Media not found”. 

I tried the same, and received the “Media not found” error when using the code syntax here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Lemme try get some answers

Greetings!

If the URL of the video is as follows: https://A.wistia.com/medias/B, In the place of {!video ID}, enter only B and not the whole URL.

<iframe src="//fast.wistia.com/embed/iframe/{!video ID}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" oallowfullscreen="" msallowfullscreen="" width="620" height="349"></iframe>

Check the value as per the URL of the Wistia video you want to embed. Hope this helps.

Thank you!