How can Gainsight improve the Global search

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are interested in your feedback 

We are currently working on improving the Gainsight Global Search, we want to improve the user experience around global search. A couple of the things we are already considering include

1. Administration - Supporting filters in the search configuration. These filters help admins restrict in-active and non-relevant records from appearing in search results. (here)
  2. Recent searches - Showing the recent searches to users. (here)

Few inputs that would help me here are

• What are the top 2 challenges you face with global search today ?
  • What can we improve to make it easier for you to find the desired Company/Relationship record ?
  • What other entities do you want to search using Global search ?

Also any other thoughts or ideas that you may have to improve the Global search would be super helpful.

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas.

Gopal

30 replies

Badge

Would help out if it was possible to have the option to hide all non active accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Would help out if it was possible to have the option to hide all non active accounts.

Or, to take it a step further, it would be awesome if Gainsight could just have something in the UI that makes it clear a customer is inactive/churned vs. active. Perhaps gray out inactive/churned customers? This would be super helpful for us because we are already at our limit for fields we can show in the search AND we have close to 20,000 customers, many of which have very similar or even identical names. 

Also, I have a separate post for this, but I think allowing an Admin to toggle between fuzzy and exact search would solve a lot of problems brought up in this post: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Filters.  Global search filters would be amazing.  Also if global search could recognize/leverage Permission Sharing Groups? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Filters.  Global search filters would be amazing.  Also if global search could recognize/leverage Permission Sharing Groups? 

Yes! I’m a huge fan of the Google’s search tools. I use the Time modifier all the ‘time’ (😜) when I’m looking for the most up-to-date info on a given topic, so I don’t have to wade through outdated info.

Being able to add in filters (active contacts, churned accounts, etc.) would be 🔥

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Or, to take it a step further, it would be awesome if Gainsight could just have something in the UI that makes it clear a customer is inactive/churned vs. active. Perhaps gray out inactive/churned customers? This would be super helpful for us because we are already at our limit for fields we can show in the search AND we have close to 20,000 customers, many of which have very similar or even identical names. 

100%!

I used to use the Web of Trust extension for Chrome (can’t remember why I stopped), but their R-Y-G icons were always helpful when I was browsing search results. Something like that after each account name would be fantastic! (maybe with black or grey for an inactive account)