Question

Gainsight CS/CC Integration without Reliance on Contact Records

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

The current CS/CC integration only works if there is a contact record in CS that matches the contact record in CC (matched based on email address). We do not store all of our user contacts in Gainsight CS, which makes it difficult to get value from the integration. Some ideas that may help us get value from this are:

• Auto-generate contacts from CC in CS
  • Associated contacts to Companies in CS based on the email address domain

AND/OR

• Auto-generate ‘Community Contacts’ as a new object in CS that can be used for custom reporting in Gainsight. Given the flexibility of Gainsight, this would allow us to build custom reports and/or associate contact to accounts with our own custom criteria using rules engine. It would also avoid any issues with contact management, since they will be stored in a separate object. 

This would help reduce our reliance on Data Intelligence and Engineering teams to build our data/reporting infrastructure. It would also allow us to incorporate community engagement and advocacy into our CSMs daily workflows. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting! I’m a Gainsight CS customer about to embark on a Gainsight CC rollout, and this is helpful information. Commenting so I can follow along in the discussion here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@tfriss Thanks for posing these questions/suggestions. Question for you- are you using the legacy integration that relies on SFDC? Or the newer out-of-the-box connector that goes directly from CC to CS? If you aren’t already, I recommend using the out-of-the-box connector, which you can read more about here.

• Auto-generate ‘Community Contacts’ as a new object in CS that can be used for custom reporting in Gainsight.

This is how the out-of-the-box CC connector works. There is an object “Community Users” that stores all users from CC whether or not they have an associated record in CS.

• Associated contacts to Companies in CS based on the email address domain

If I am understanding you correctly, this is how it works today with the out-of-the-box CC connector. The integration looks for an exact or partial match between the email domain of the Community User and Company Name. You can also use the Unification feature to associate specific email domains with a company, so you don’t need to rely on them matching. When an email domain match is made, the Community User is associated with the Company without creating a Person/Company Person record.

• Auto-generate contacts from CC in CS

You could achieve this with a Rule that creates Person and Company Person records based on Community Users with no associated Person/Company Person. This isn’t there by default as most clients rely on the Company association described above and don’t want all Community Users added as Person/Company Persons in CS.