Question

Dashboard Sharing

• 16 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
If I remember correctly at Pulse Europe in November the option to share a dashboard on a webpage was about to be released or in the roadmap.  Is that correct?

Is it possible to share a read only dashboard on an internal webpage for non Gainsight users to see who is assigned an account etc.?

8 replies

Badge +4
Thanks for asking!  We have not yet released a full ootb portal embed.  However, several things are possible today.  (1) use Sally the bot via Slack.  This is perfect for the kind of info that you mention -- "who is the CSM for XYZ," etc.  Note that Sally now has Relationship support.  (2) Share dashboards directly with users.  Each get their own URL via email and you can impose security via OTP and/or expiration (the shared dashboard is live).  (3) Take one of the URLs as in 2. and post it on an internal site for others to click.  
Badge
Thanks for the reply Karl.  With option 3 would we still need to add users as a Gainsight Object User (I think it's called something like that!)
Badge +4
No.  But this is why it is a kind of a hack.  Basically, you share a dashboard with one user and that user effectively posts his/her URL for others to access.  That is why you need to make sure OTP is off.  Everything will be tracked as if that one user was the one who access the dashboard every time. (Subtle point: there is a redirect so use the URL from the original share, not what eventually shows up in the browser.)

While it is a different use case -- sharing dashboards with CoPilot -- you may find value in this post
Badge
For option 3 above to share the link on an internal site is it possible to apply security with OTP and post the password provided.  Or is the password unique to an individual user?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Colette, the OTP is a temporary password sent to the email of the original individual who the resource was shared with and authenticates their session. Additionally the OTP expires after a short time (similar to how a OTP you might receive to confirm your identity from a bank or other website has a short validity period). So with that in mind, it wouldn't work to post the password for use hours or days later. Sorry. 🙂
I've started using option #3 above that Karl mentioned which works fine.  One issue I'm seeing though is when I click on a customer within the dashboard (which should then take me to a shared C360) I get a '404 Not Found' error.  Is this expected or a new issue??
Dale, Would it be possible to share the URL to which it is getting redirected to?
Turns out it's a bug ... Support are investigating ...