Send copilot emails to person records instead of contact records

Badge
I understood that the Person object was developed to unify a single individual's experience if they are listed as a contact for multiple accounts. However, Copilot can only send emails to the contact records instead of the person record. What is the reasoning behind that?

I can think of a couple reasons why sending a copilot email to a person record would be beneficial over sending the email to a contact record. First, we would like to send an email based on a custom field we built on the person record. And second, some emails only need to go to the individual once regardless of how many accounts they are listed as contacts for.

2 replies

Hi,

This restriction which you are mentioning is only part of CoPilot outreaches and not AO. It is possible to use AO to solve this use case today. As part of advanced outreaches ,  you can define queries based of any object and bring in the data into the AO. 

Unique Criteria and Advanced Criteria are helpful with regards to determining what the uniqueness parameter should be for the AO being configured. In this example, you can choose Person Id as the unique identifier for the AO.

Our recommendation would be to start using AO for the above use case.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
+1 to what Abhishek said and I'll add "Our recommendation would be to start using AO for ALL use cases". 🙂