Question

How add itens to product name ́s list when creating a new Opportunity?

• 11 June 2018
  • 6 replies

How can i add more items on Product name ́s list described in the below image?

I thought that list would show my products, but when i add two more products the list did not changed.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ricardo, those look like field options on the SFDC Opportunity object. Have you checked the settings on that SFDC object?
Yes i did (or i think i did, i ́m not confident in my SalesforceGainSight skills yet)

This opportunity field (Product name) show (should) my product ́s list right?

I have 5 products, but only 3 of them apears on Product name ́s list.

I thought that maybe this 2 missing products on the list could have some missing information, but when i compare a missing product (Microsoft O365 don ́t apear on the list) with a product of the list (Cart apears on the list) i can ́t see any diference.

Badge
Ricardo,

The field you are showing in your original screenshot is a Picklist type, that means you have to define the valid options when setting the field.  This will not dynamically update as you add more products, and you will need to manually add the picklist options from within the Opportunity field configuration.

You could create a new field, with a lookup to the Product object, so that you can set the value directly from the Product object and if you add new Products, they will be available when setting the lookup (similar to picking an Account in a lookup field to the Account table).

Hopefully this explanation helps your efforts in Salesforce.
Yes, this explanation clarifies exactly what i wanto to do.

But i wasn ́t able to find the "Opportunity field configuration".

Further in time i will make something more automated, but for now, give me a direction to where can i found this "Product name" pick list option to change it in the Opportunity field configuration please.

My primary doubt: where is the Opportunity field configuration?
Badge
Within Salesforce Setup, you can find the standard and custom fields on Opportunity shown below:

Editing the picklist you have can be done in the highlighted section, or you can add the new field from there.  

More information on the specifics can be found here. The Salesforce documentation will help guide you through creating/editing custom fields, giving adequate permissions, adding them to your layouts, etc. with much greater detail.
Wow, thank you!

I ́m receiving so much help from this community, congratulations to anyone involved!