Question

Need ability to copy/paste information from other sources into Comments without looking garbled on Dashboard views.

Our CSMs will often copy/paste information from an email into the comment of a CTA. We report on comments and display these in our Dashboard view for Management (specifically around customers at Risk). The comment does not come through on the Dashboard when we hover over with a mouse to read the full comment if the CSM copy/pasted information that might be a different font or color. The comment becomes a bunch of random characters. Support informed us this could be avoided by copy/pasting the information into a text file and then copy/pasting the information into the comment to 'clean' the text. This is not an efficient means to documentation and workflow.  

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I am having this issue too. I thought that it was caused by having too many characters in the comments section, and suggested the solution was to limit the # of characters entered. Good to know.
Badge +1
We are having this issue as well. Currently, we are instructing CSM's to right click and 'Paste as plain text' which is a simple workaround but still does not provide a clean view when including bullet points from notes / agendas. Having formatting would help provide a cleaner read. 
Badge
We've encountered this issue as well.  At some point in the future, I hope that note-taking in Gainsight is robust enough that our users are willing to take notes directly in Gainsight.  At present, the reality is that our users take notes elsewhere and c/p them into the CTAs later.  I really hate to ask them to take the additional step of pasting this content into a text editor before the CTA.  
Badge +1
I have instructed users to right click in the comments sections and select "Paste as Plain Text". It is a cumbersome extra step but it does provide a cleaner look. 
This is a great workaround. Thanks for reminding us of this option, Samantha.