"Send Email" action type in Bionic Rules.

Related products: None

Since we are going to depreciate the custom rules in future, it would be great to have the "Send Email" action type functionality added to the bionic rules which is not supported as of now.
Hi Ankur, Your point makes complete sense.We will definitely provide an alternate before we completely migrate to Bionic Rules and using Advanced Outreach you can achieve same functionality(same as Send email action).
Please consider using Advanced Outreach to send emails rather than using Send Email action.  Are there reasons that is not acceptable?
Hi Karl, One reason we use the "Send Email" action in custom rules is that we use calculated fields as criteria, which last I asked is not supported in power lists.
Hi Daniel,

With the introduction of Advanced Outreaches, you can now add participants using Powerlists, Events, CSV and Bionic Queries - see info here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

The bionic queries should meet the needs you are looking for. 
I would use a Send Email action type in Bionic Rules because I want to send the email to one user immediately when I create the CTA for the CSM user. The Query Builder in AO (Programs) is not easy to work with as you can't test out your rule builds as you build them, so I prefer to do more complex CTA's through Bionic Rules.

Does Gainsight suggest that I move my CTA's from Bionic Rules to Advanced Outreach (Programs)? 
Good question.  We do think that there are a lot of advantages to the Journey Orchestrator model, among them (1) multi-step processes; (2) greater readability (and so, we think, maintainability). (3) variety of participant sources, including events; (4) easier reporting during the process execution and after the fact, especially when there are multiple steps.  We also think that the transparent mixing of human and automated steps is powerful, especially as we add more available actions.  So, yea, we do encourage you to use Journey Orchestrator Programs to automate your business workflows.  One way to describe the vision is to have Journey Orchestrator for "business automation" and Rules Engine for "data automation."  Having said that, we are not actively pushing folks away from Bionic Rules to create CTAs.  
Thanks Karl - the "business automation" vs "data automation" is where my brain was heading and you summed it up nicely. 

For now, I am testing my Queries through Bionic Rules (so that I can export the outputs to S3) because I find it difficult to do so through Query Builder in Programs.  And then I'll go and re-build them in the Journey Orchestrator.   Are there plans to beef up the testing capabilities in Query Builder?  Ideally, the attachment to the Rule Execution Succeeded email that I get when the participants are loaded would contain the actual results of the participant load.
Yes, for sure. Easier testing of Journey Orchestrator Programs is a high priority item.  
We are opting not to use the Create CTA in Journey Orchestrator until you can edit a program without having to stop/clone it.  
I just posted this idea, specifically talking about being able to send administrative emails internally from a bionic rule action, specifically for when criteria is met that would otherwise prevent the rule from functioning as expected - even if it didn't outright fail:   https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/rules-engine-send-email-action-for-internal-use-whe...
Hi Jeff,

We are working on allowing edits to CTA action to programs. Should be available in the next one or two releases.

Thanks

Abhishek S