Solved

Add option to trigger events in Email Chain once participant completes program

• 16 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I would like the ability to trigger actions once an email is sent to a user without having to write a separate rule to do so based on Email Logs object. 

For example, once a user receives a certain type of email,  I want “Received XYZ Email?” to be updated to True for that account. To do this now it seems I need to write a rule based on the Email Logs object, possibly using “Triggered On” date, but I’m not even sure. 

What’s more is, if I want to check if that email was sent within 2 days of the original contract date or so, there is no Account ID lookup I can add to the Email Logs object because it isn’t editable. So I have to combine objects...and the Original Contract Date field we created on the Customer Info object isn’t even available in Data Designer.

I feel that reporting on email programs and triggering actions based on the results of the program and being able to do so WITHIN THE SAME JO program is an intuitive feature to have but instead I have to jump through hoops to see if a client received the email within 48 hours as policy dictates. 

Maybe I am missing something here?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 17 December 2019, 05:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It seems I have to:

1. write a rule to add Original Contract Date to Email Logs object (optional)
  2. confirm whether Triggered On is the equivalent of “Sent on” since that option is missing
  3. Run JO program
  4. Write rule using Email Logs to update boolean field of whether email was sent or not
  5. Write rule using previous field to update new field on whether email was sent within 48 hours or not

2-3 rules...just to accomplish one reporting ask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @ana_g - if you wanted to take an action that is not supported in Journey Orchestrator directly, you could add a “call external API” step to your Journey Orchestrator program ( https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Programs/Call_API_Action_Type_in_Programs) which would trigger a rule to run that is set to trigger using the Events Framework and is listening for that specific Journey Orchestrator API call. https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Rules_Engine/Admin_Guides/Scheduling_Rules#Events_Framework

This is pretty advanced stuff and requires at least a working knowledge of API coding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@ana_g did @dan_ahrens comments resolved your comments. Please let us know if you need any help here, always welcome. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes it did, thank you! @dan_ahrens @sai_ram