UI changes for the Community Homepage

• 16 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thinking about the landing page experience and here’s the planned swap

High level usecases are the opening experience (after Search) and then we delve into the standout pieces of content.

The all community activity stream feed would follow right at the end.

This is the general approach to the Community UI that helps the non-advanced users. 

Here’s a small exercise if you’d like, to suggest names pf the 6 main landing blocks in the middle (italized ones are the new additions). 🧪 

Looking forward for your comments. :)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Let me know what you think @darkknight , @bradley , @gunjanm , @ana_g , @dan_ahrens , @heather_hansen , @jean.nairon 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@anirbandutta I think that makes sense. I would probably also suggest a widget for Ask a Question.  The other piece that I struggle with is the search functionality before posting an idea.  Unless you are good at determining how someone else might have worded it, it’s hard to find.  Does the UI search tags as well?  Is there anything we could do to make the search more powerful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@anirbandutta I think that makes sense. I would probably also suggest a widget for Ask a Question.  The other piece that I struggle with is the search functionality before posting an idea.  Unless you are good at determining how someone else might have worded it, it’s hard to find.  Does the UI search tags as well?  Is there anything we could do to make the search more powerful?

Thank you @heather_hansen that is the top usecase indeed and Search like you point out.

Basically the hot areas point to the Product forum to ask a Q and so would the ‘Using the Community’ but I agree something more explicitly worded to ‘Ask the question’.

Search is way more powerful if everyone used standard ‘Tags’ … I’ve just started to delve into the Insided tech and I when I have a bit more, this is a great usecase to document. 

Thank you, very valid points.. will incorporate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Landing page UI modification made as I proposed here last week. Keep an eye out for the 2 new category callouts to come next.