Question

External-Facing NPS Submission

• 17 March 2016
  • 3 replies

We just started sending NPS on a regular cadence via Co-Pilot.  We also have a custom SF object we used previously to store scores and give access to a broader audience.  A rule runs every night to load info from GS into the legacy object.

We would like to add an option for NPS submission by granting access in our Customer Community/Portal (Salesforce).

Can we make the GS survey available that way?  If not, I'd like to use our legacy object for that.  However, we would want to upload to GS and we already are uploading from GS to the legacy object & I want to avoid an uploading loop.

Thoughts?

3 replies

Hi Andrea, Gainsight has completed a services project in the past where we served up the Gainsight Survey URL in their Community (it was a large custom SOW). The difficult part is there is no standard mechanism to either: 1) Serve up the link in the community or 2) Serve the appropriate link for the logged-in user.

SF Communities in particular typically require a Salesforce Admin to build the UI components. Are you currently serving any 'in-app' messages to your users of Communities? If so, you could leverage that. In short, it's possible to do this with development work but not easy.
I'm not sure we want to go this route then.  The alternate solution is to use our non-Gainsight NPS object as the customer-facing version and import to Gainsight.  

As I mentioned, we currently copy export from GS to that object.  Is there a way to set a rule to import to GS that won't subsequently export it back out of GS? (Does that make sense?)
I think I understand. You could add an additional checkbox field on the Survey record in Gainsight that gets checked when the rule adds records from your source object.

Then you can use it as a filter for the records that you write into your source object.