Question

Using Gmail Assist for 1:few use case

• 21 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

A customer has the following use case:

Their marketing team will be using Gainsight for 1:few (not 1:many) by using Gmail assist. However, Timeline does not support logging to multiple contacts. What is the best way to log these appropriately to the right customer's timeline? Eg use case: reaching out 1:few for focus groups, case studies, speaker engagements. This is something that our marketing team does too. They are not sending a mass email but an email to some customers informing them of an event or requesting customers for some advocacy activities. This is not a JO use case, although JO does not sync with timeline as well.

@sainyam_sandhu 

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

For clarity— in this use case the contacts on the email are Company Persons but not associated to the same Company?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

No, it is the use case for the following:

In my Gmail, I am sending an email with the following people in my to list:

sundar@google.com; satya@microsoft.com; tim@apple.com; bezos@amazon.com

Where will the email log to? Google, Microsoft, Apple or Amazon

Userlevel 4

Hello @meenal

Answer to above question is the email will be logged based on the account selected by email sender, which has to be only one.

As of today we don’t support logging emails to multiple accounts, but as we have this feature on our roadmap I will check with Nitisha and update you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That behavior will not work for the use case described above @chethana .

Ideally, the email should be logged to Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon and not just for one customer.

Userlevel 4

@meenal_shukla 

If we support 1:few use case then logging can be in done in 2 ways

1. Create duplicate activities for each account.
  2. Create one primary activity and then link other accounts to this primary activity.

First approach seems straight forward without affecting lot of other flow. but downside is lot of duplicates will be seen in timeline. Is it ok to wait until we implement second approach or duplicates are easy to deal with ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The second approach is cleaner and desirable.

Userlevel 4

Thanks @meenal_shukla . I will keep you all posted about the update.