Solved

Customization of "Partially Saved" survey responses

• 10 August 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
While we love the ability to capture these partially saved survey responses, I have gotten the suggestion from a few customers that we need to have some kind of customization to this process. Here is a specific use case that customers have asked for. 

Question 1 - NPS (Mandatory)

Question 2 - NPS comments

Question 3 - Referral? (Mandatory)

Question 4 - What type of referral

What we are seeing is that even though questions 1&3 are mandatory, if someone logs in and fills out the answers to 2&4 and the partial save kicks in, it will save that response. When clicking on the survey, the unanswered questions don't even show up. The concern from the customer was that something was incorrect on the survey configuration. Furthermore, another customer is driving downstream processes (like creating escalations) using things like rules engine. 

My Ask: Can we give the user the option to not save the survey (maybe send a reminder email first) if required fields are not filled out or give the user the ability to customize what does and doesn't trigger a partial save. 
icon

Best answer by abhilesh_khatri 12 October 2020, 14:30

View original

7 replies

Hi,

Thanks for the use case. Although I understand this use case in particular , there are couple of questions we need to think about for this - 

a. Can the downstream processes be configured in a way that they are not triggered if the mandatory questions are not filled?

b. Even though the customer has not answered the mandatory questions, the response to Q2 and 4 are valuable even though they might not be of any particular use.

c. Partial Save is meant to help customers not lose their customer responses and it follows a time limit of 5 seconds or so to save responses , adding complexity for whether or not to save a response based on criteria might impact the partial save time and in turn the response rate.

However, we will see if other customers have similar use cases and try to add it to our roadmap based on that.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi

Can we have the option to set for example setting question 1 is mandatory question, if customer didn't

answer the question 1 and go to question 2, then an error message shows

like "question 1 is mandatory, please provide an answer"?

Best regards

Hover
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thanks, Abhishek. Because I am posting on behalf of customers... I will let the crowd chime in with suggestions on how they would like it to work :)

Thanks,

Steve 
Badge +2
Good morning, I have another customer that has run into an issue where these partially saved-> then submitted responses are throwing off their NPS CTA workflow.

We're hoping for the ability to turn off the "Partial Saved" feature entirely, if possible, to avoid miscommunications such as this.
Badge
Wanted to chime in here as I am working with a customer (Glint Inc.) who would also like the ability to ignore partially submitted responses.

Although I agree that at times it can be helpful to capture partial submissions, it gets confusing for our admins when they see the survey data and required questions are not filled out by the participants. Specifically thinking of the NPS question, it's confusing when the total number of survey participants doesn't match the total number of NPS responses, even though that question is required on the survey. This can cause some distrust in the data + NPS calcs.

I also think that sometimes, participants do not realize they are filling out responses that will be considered in the final data analysis, which means we may not be capturing their true sentiment.

I know the Glint team would be happy to chat with the GS team as to why this is an important feature request!

Badge

Perhaps we missed to update here… Apologies 

But this feature was implemented long back (perhaps more than a year now). Here is the documentation link
https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Survey_2.0_Properties#Additional_Configuration

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Perhaps we missed to update here… Apologies 

But this feature was implemented long back (perhaps more than a year now). Here is the documentation link
https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Survey_2.0_Properties#Additional_Configuration

@abhilesh_khatri Thanks for the update!