Question

Company NPS Score

• 11 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi Team, 

I want to be able to show Company NPS % (Promoters-Detractors / Total Respondents). GS does not have any field which gives me this value hence I created a report in data designer. This report runs every hour but I want the score to change real time. Is there a way we can do this? 

Thanks

Ruqaiyah

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ruqaiyah Giletwala Welcome to the community.

The solution depends some on what you intend to do with the NPS scores. Are you comparing Company NPS one to another, or triggering action based on scores, or changing health scores based on NPS? Knowing your outcome or what business question you’re trying to answer would help us give you a great answer.

In the meantime, to get you started, you can display the true NPS Score on the C360 (and the R360), in real-time and with minimal other configuration.

1. Navigate to Administration > Customer Data > Company
  2. Navigate the C360 Layouts tab
  3. Add the Survey section.
  4. Click the Configure (gear) icon in the Survey section.
  5. Choose NPS Score (and not Average NPS Score)
  6. (Optional) You can also configure a Summary tile with NPS Score by adding NPS tile, clicking the gear icon within the tile and selecting NPS Score.

Both of these C360 / R360 components are calculated in real-time; no data-designer or other config needed.

Hi Matthew, 

Thanks for getting back. 

the NPS field that currently exist in Gainsight is actually giving me an average of our customers. What I am trying to achieve is lets say there are total 50 respondents out of which 40 are promoters and 10 are detractors so I want to calculate the NPS for my comapny as a whole based on total numbers using the formula - (Promoter-Detractors) / Total Respondents*100 so here is would be 60%. 

Currently I dont see any field in Gainsight which will give me this number.

I hope you understand the use case here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ruqaiyah Giletwala Thanks for the clarification.

I would look at the True NPS field, which resides within the NPS Survey Response object, to assess if that will meet your needs.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/06Surveys/Tutorials/Calculation_of_True_NPS_on_Survey_Responses

If individual NPS responses are 10, 10, 9, 8, 3:

• NPS field returns 8: (10+10+9+8+3)/5
  • True NPS field returns 40: 3 Promotors - 1 Detractors / 5 Responses

Hi, 

So I created a report and took the Avg of ‘True NPS’ field which gives me 20 as value. 

Correct % should have been  22.22% : 24 Promoters -13 Detractors / 56 Total. 

The True NPS field is actually giving me an Avg of customers not contacts. 

Please find the snapshots attached. 

Hi Matthew,

Thank you so much for your help! I found the field. 

Taking the AVG of ‘True NPS’ is giving me the correct number. 

Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ruqaiyah Giletwala Congratulations!

Sometimes it takes some trial and error, sometimes a tip from a colleague in the Community, and sometimes both.