Solved

Owner Field not populating in CTA creation

• 4 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello, I am trying to create a rule by merging the GS Relationship and Timeline. I've pulled in the CSM ID, CSM Name, and Author ID fields, but nothing is appearing under the Owner Field section in the Merge. They're visible under the Criteria section though. Could someone clarify expected behavior? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by pele 15 September 2018, 01:55

View original

6 replies

Badge
Are you adding the CSM ID to the Dataset that is fetching the Relationship data?  I did this and added all three CSM IDs that were available (GS Relationship, Account and Customer Info).  These were all available to select in the Owner Field.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Diana, Please let us know if you're good here, or need any additional help! Thanks 🙂
Badge +3
I think this is happening because your merge has the CSM's GSID as opposed to the CSM's SFDC User ID (happens to me all the time). To have CSM be available in the Owner Field (for either Account or Relationship), you'll need the Salesforce User ID. It's pretty easy to tell which is being pulled into the rule– preview the dataset where you're pulling in CSM ID and ensure that it's an 18 digit ID (the GSID, the one you don't want, will be much longer, 36 digits I think.) 
Hi all, this appears not to have worked, so I'll submit a support ticket. Thanks!
This one's all set, thanks everyone!
Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, I’m struggling with this - I have brought the SFDC user ID in now but it still doesn’t appear in the owner picklist - any ideas what else could be causing this or anything I need to do to make it appear?