Question

Data Operations bulk delete not working

• 19 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to remove 10,000 rows of data and I'm forced to do it 50 rows at a time. The bulk delete has not worked once in the some 100 times I've tried it. Why?

Update: Currently deletes 7 rows at a time when I select 5000

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Micah,

It takes some time for the data to be fully removed from the table after being marked for delete. The dependent data are also being cleared in the background.

Are the rows still present after a while?

We are working to make the UI for intuitive and increasing the limit of records to be deleted at a time.

Thank you for your feedback

Preethi

It does appear to be going down in the background. I ran a report earlier and the count of rows with NULL was 9000 and now it is down to 6000.

Queston: If I bulk delete 5000 rows should I wait an hour and check the results in Data Management or Report Builder to see if the changes took place? Because from the view of Data Operations it looks like very little has changed.

Update - I ran the batch delete for 5000 rows and the refreshed my NULLs report and I can see the number going down incrementally, so the number is going down. I'll run the report again in an hour and see if it hits 5000.

Final Result: All the NULL values have been removed from my dataset so the batch delete did work, eventually. It took about 4 hours. So maybe if you're doing this run it at the end of the day and the next morning you will see the results, rather than waiting for it to run during the work day.

Thanks for the insight Preethi!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Thank you for the update Micah,

Yes, right now you will have to wait for an hour and check the status. The time is dependend on the how many objects are linked to this record.

We are working to improve the UX and the perfromance for Delete and will be rolling it out soon.

Thanks again for your feedback and updates.

Preethi