Question

Report on CTA "Theme" overlap by priority?

• 22 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

My company has been tracking accounts at risks using 4 separate picklist fields at the Company level:  Primary Risk Theme, Primary Risk Sub-reason, Secondary Risk Theme, Secondary Risk Sub-reason.

I am moving them over to the CTA framework to allow more flexibility long term, but they still desire this concept of Primary and Secondary themes.

For this, I am using Reporting Category.  When they select a Reason, the Reporting Category automatically gets set to one of the 6 core themes.

To distinguish between Primary vs. Secondary, I am instructing them to leverage the Priority (High = Primary, Medium = Secondary)

Trying to figure out how to build a report that will show the number of companies where themes (Reporting Categories) overlap as either Primary or Secondary, to try and identify correlations.

Previously we had a report like this, when using the separate picklist fields for Primary and Secondary:

Racking my brain but cannot figure out how to do something like this via Data Designer.  Anyone have any suggestions?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@darkknight , I wonder if performing a Pivot on one (but not both) of Primary or Secondary would get the job done.

Not fully thought-out, but what if:

• Display a COUNT of CTAs or Companies or whatever
  • Grouping by Primary (without a pivot, which would list them vertically) and then also Grouped by by Secondary with a Pivot (which would list those horizontally)
  • Same idea would work in the Rules Engine or in Data Designer: Pivot on the Secondary to get it moving horizontally.