Question

Report Builder Help - Stacked Column for Usage by User and grouped by month

• 13 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hi!

I am trying to build a report that would display account usage broken down by User, month-over-month, and preferably in a stacked-column format.

Right now I have about 7-8 different fields that contain the different types of usage. It's not possible for me to have multiple fields in Show Me section while grouping by 2 fields and still be able to select the stacked column charts.

How can I adjust this to make this possible? Just struggling thinking through this and how I would have to move data around to be able to format report correctly.

Is it even possible to have a month over month report per User, and having each usage column be stacked by the type of usage?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Manmeet,

The stacked column visualization supports a single field in the "show me" and two fields in the "by". It sound from your example that you're looking to show usage, and have that usage group "by":

* type of usage

* user

* month

This is not supported. Your last example of showing month over month usage per user would work if you has the usage field in the "show me" and had the following fields in the "by":

* month

* type of usage

You would not include the user in the "show me" or "by" but would have the user field in the filter.

Hope this helps

Badge
Great, that makes sense. Thank you for walking me through this!

I will need to move some data around to get this set up but it should be feasible. Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Manmeet,

As Dan said, you can trend one measure across 2 groups (month over month; User can fit here). We have recently launched formula fields for MDA reports. You could leverage this to add the usage from 7-8 fields into one field instead of moving the data around. Does this help solve you usecase?

Badge
Thanks Rakesh. Yeah I will see if the formula fields will help in this case!

It's tough because we receive the usage data in one column, I am then running an aggregation rule that is bucketing that usage based on the type. I.e. if the usage type contains "Company Profile View" that is being bucketed into "Company Profile Views" field that was initially being used in the Show me section.

So, I have about 20 or so of these bucketed fields that are then split up into 3 separate reports (Advanced Usage, Advanced Searches, and Profile Views), but I can only display that at either the Account level based on a Date filter or per User, in a stacked column. Unfortunately haven't been able to figure out how to then break that per user report into month over month. But maybe these formula fields can help!