Question

Recommended Email Object to Replicate Journey Analytics

• 18 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there! 

Due to the limitation of not being able to export the reports in Journey Analytics as a CSV (only an image), I’m trying to replicate the dashboard in Report Builder but for the life of me I’m not able to replicate the results from Journey Analytics in a report. Part of it appears to be that we cannot create Formula Fields. For example, I have I’m trying to display Send, Opens and Clicks for JO Programs in a single report. I’m using the following: 

Email Log V2 → Show Me:

• Count of Sent
  • Count of Number of Opens
  • Count Distinct of Link Clicked

Group by → Source Name. 

From what I can discern, the primary issues I have are that Opens and Clicks are numeral values for the number of times in which either action was completed by a recipient (ie, opened an email five times, clicked the link twice).

It looks like that I can create a Formula Field for each one of these sets to get the value I need if I show by email id or Yes/No Opened, but I’d have to create three individual reports for each in my dashboard. Whereas, ideally, I’d be able to have the CTR info in a single report similarly to how its presented in Journey Analytics.

Does anybody have any suggestions for recreating that?

Lastly: it appears that the values for total Open and Link Clicked are always a few short of the amount listed in Journey Analytics. Is there are reason for this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you build this out in Data Designer, you can run those queries separately and then join them together by email ID. Have you given that a try?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’ve always found the JO reporting to be a couple off from other object reporting but the number is insignificant. 

To Seth’s point, many have built custom DDs to do the calculation and be the source for dashboards and reporting. 

Recommend upvoting this post as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@jpgamboa I have a post out there to request the ability to export CSVs of baked-in reports! Please upvote!

it appears that the values for total Open and Link Clicked are always a few short of the amount listed in Journey Analytics. Is there are reason for this?

I know that Journey Analytics isn’t real time, and updates on a certain cadence. Support has told me “The email open rate we see on the Journey Analytics tab is also populated from the AO Analytics object but it takes 24 hours to reflect on the tab whereas we can immediately see the change in case of report builder.” Because the JO Analytics tab doesn’t update in real-time, I’ve stopped expecting reports I make in report builder to match.