Solved

CS Report Builder - Percentages on Aggregated fields

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Folks 👋🏼,

I’m a newcomer to Gainsight, and after completing the Associate Admin training for CS I’m looking to understand a bit more about the capabilities in Report builder.

We have an Object with a field that can contain a value of true or false. Multiple records in the object can are associated with each company.

Ideally, we’re looking to create a Report that shows the % of false records per account, versus the total number of records for the account.

Currently, I’ve used a combination of filtering on the true/false field, and aggregation to make a COUNT of the false records.  The roadblock I’m encountering is converting the COUNT value for each Account into a percentage of the total # records for each Account.

My inital thought was to use a formula field, however from what I understand this would only work on a record-level, creating a new field on each record, as opposed to being able to compute on the ‘roll-up’ COUNT values.

I’ve checked the Knowledge Articles Advanced Report Settings (Horizon Analytics)Formula Fields in Reporting and had a look on the Community; I found the post {Posting for a customer}- Ability to use column calculations to determine percentages in Report builder, however this appears to be requested functionality, and using segmentation in Adoption Explorer, which doesn’t apply to our use case.

I’ve put in a ticket with Support, but I also wanted to reach out to the community to ask if this is something other Admins are familiar with/have come across before, and any potential solutions.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Azad 20 May 2022, 14:29

View original

4 replies

Badge

@Stuart  - this is on the roadmap to allow formulas on aggregated columns and to get such percentage values. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Azad.

I believe I have a problem similar to Stuart’s but just want to double check if what’s on the roadmap covers this case:

In our Company MDA object we have a bolean field that tells us if that account has an active Success Plan.
On the reporting side we’d like to have a widget that tells us the % of accounts that have that field set as “True”.

Nowadays I cannot find a solution to this other than doing the calculations via rules engine and loading the results to a new MDA Object built just for that (and without the possibility to drilldown on this data when showing in a report).

Is this something that will be possible in the future?

Badge +1

@andr_raposo I have accomplished this by using a calculated number field that has a case statement if value = true than 1 else 0 and then you can use that to calculate a percentage for now in numeric form (or create another custom field to show the number as a percentage)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@aschreiner, thanks(!!) but not sure I fully got that, sorry. Is this field part of a new MDA object built for the purpose of storing it?