Explaining the reports simply to my colleagues :)

• 29 August 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
I've started giving brief GPX tutorials during our weekly Customer Success meetings to help others use PX more on their own. I was showing the team how to determine which users/accounts are using certain features frequently, and I realized that everyone was getting stuck on what all the different filters are for.

As I was training, I found a way to explain it simply that really seemed to click with everyone! I thought I'd share in case others are working to increase adoption at their orgs.

• The "what"

• How you're measuring - what are you actually wanting to see? Do you want to know the number of times that something has happened, or the number of users/accounts who have done something? Do you want to know the totals of those numbers, or do you want to understand how the total is distributed among top features, users, countries, accounts, etc?
  • The "when"
    • What time frame do you want to filter the data by - 7 days? 8 weeks? 6 months?
  • The "who" and the "where"
    • "Who" - which subset users? New users? Users that saw certain PX engagements? Do you want to look at specific accounts?
    • "Where" - where in the product do you want to focus? Do you want to see users who have used a feature more than 10 times?
A side request: it would be great if the docs would have some that are targeting PX users who are not well-versed in data tools.

Hope that's useful to others!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Great post as usual @julie_pinto , thank you!

@ciarapeter @mickey