Events framework and Slack?

Related products: None

I’m playing around with Slack and Gainsight, and so far I’ve been able to set up sending of messages to channels, which is great. I send NPS responses to the CS channel, I notify our directors of accounts that need CSMs assigned, I notify our Managed Services team when there are oddball opportunities in our pipeline.

What I’m interested in doing now is using interactivity in Slack to receive events via the events framework. I’d love to reach out to our team in slack (they aren’t great at logging into Gainsight, but everyone is in Slack, go figure), and receive interactions from them as events. I can’t figure out how to pass the shared secret to the Slack API so that I can receive an event.

https://api.slack.com/messaging/interactivity#components

What I’m picturing:

1 - A rule triggers a message in Slack. i.e. @Salesperson, XYZ Customer is renewing in 3 months, would you like to send their team an NPS survey now? (YES) (NO) (MAYBE)

2- The answer to that question is picked up by the events framework, and the journey orchestrator runs off of the newly created event.

3- Customer receives and responds to NPS survey

4- Team is updated via slack on the customer response.

Anyone built that out? Do I have to have the Slack POST come to an interstitial server, or can the events framework just process it for me? Because, that’d be dope.

@jason_metzler can you please let me know if you are using Gainsight Sally in Slack?

We have it installed, yes.

@jason_metzler we are currently working on it. We call these personalized notifications and we take the role of the user to initiate conversations (like CTAs and tasks due today or CTAs and tasks that are overdue from last week or Customers that are up for renewal in the next 90 days etc.). We are currently running a beta program to come up with new use cases and also evaluate the ones that we already have. Would you and your team like to be a part of it?

@jason_metzler changed this to idea post for better tracking purpose.

+1.

Yes, right now we can send slack messages using rules. And if we provide the option to take the response from the slack group and create some actions it would be a nice Idea.

1 - A rule triggers a message in Slack. i.e. @Salesperson, XYZ Customer is renewing in 3 months, would you like to send their team an NPS survey now? (YES) (NO) (MAYBE)

2- The answer to that question is picked up by the events framework, and the journey orchestrator runs off of the newly created event.

3- Customer receives and responds to NPS survey

4- Team is updated via slack on the customer response.

@jason_metzler we are currently working on it. We call these personalized notifications and we take the role of the user to initiate conversations (like CTAs and tasks due today or CTAs and tasks that are overdue from last week or Customers that are up for renewal in the next 90 days etc.). We are currently running a beta program to come up with new use cases and also evaluate the ones that we already have. Would you and your team like to be a part of it?

What’s the time commitment for the beta program? I’d like to participate, but we’re super busy also.